What'd you do when headphones smush your hair down?
Oct 20, 2009 at 11:18 PM Post #17 of 86
I have short, thick hair. My hairstyle is less of a style and more of a furry mess. The headband smushes my hair down flat in a little strip over the top of my head, which just looks funny. So I muss it up after I remove the headphones. I'm considering getting a pair of G2A's or KSC-75's so I can have good mobile sound without worrying about my hair getting scrunched.

LOL at the responses so far!
biggrin.gif

Oct 20, 2009 at 11:18 PM Post #18 of 86
Quote:

Originally Posted by Valens7 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
confused.gif

I usually stab myself with whatever sharp implement I have handy. Right in the throat. That's the only thing I've ever been able to come up with that works reliably.

LOL
biggrin.gif

Oct 21, 2009 at 12:50 AM Post #21 of 86
Quote:

Originally Posted by nelda /img/forum/go_quote.gif
We are headfier and proud of it.

You just spend $2K on a headphone and you worry about your hair?
smily_headphones1.gif

What if OP spends $2K on hair in a year? :p
..well, if he did, plus headphone'd it up then you'd have to be a bit silly i suppose

Yeah.. I tend to come right out of the shower and right into DT770s about fifteen minutes later. It "sort of" leaves giant rings where the pads sit until i shower next
beyersmile.png

Oct 21, 2009 at 3:30 AM Post #23 of 86
Then I pop out my JH13!

But seriously if you ever used SA5000, you will know what they do to your hair....

Oct 21, 2009 at 3:51 AM Post #24 of 86
I used to struggle with this and decided to wear it as a badge of pride, which you can do too. Does it make you look like this?

Eden.jpg

Oct 21, 2009 at 3:57 AM Post #25 of 86
I'm gonna grap so much hate from head-fiers, but I'm gonna still share my top secret solution to you...

1) Dismantle your headphone, and glue the bowl directly against your ears
or
2) quit listening to music....

YOUR LOOK SHOULD GET THE UP MOST PRIORITY!!!

Oct 21, 2009 at 4:00 AM Post #26 of 86
Quote:

Originally Posted by priest /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I used to struggle with this and decided to wear it as a badge of pride, which you can do too. Does it make you look like this?

Eden.jpg

Lol, exactly, except I am a guy with ear length hair.

Oct 21, 2009 at 4:05 AM Post #28 of 86
extend your headband longer than normal, and wear them so that the headband pushes down toward the back of the top of your head. If you get it to land where your hair splits naturally, you won't get any "headphone marks" in your hair

another option is to fold 2-3 small pieces of paper to form thin "wedges" that you can attach to your headband. the wedges will split through your hair and will not leave any noticeable marks, but will decrease comfort

if you gex/wax/etc. your hair, the only options are
1) fully extend the headband and wear them using only the clamping force
2) rest the headband on the back of your neck and wear them "upside down" kind of

Oct 21, 2009 at 4:09 AM Post #29 of 86
Quote:

Originally Posted by Morph /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Usually it means that it's high time to shave the head
wink.gif

I actually did this (completely bald) in preparation for my new srh440's. I'm not even joking.

Totally worth it.
dt880smile.png

Oct 21, 2009 at 4:13 AM Post #30 of 86
Quote:

Originally Posted by jawang /img/forum/go_quote.gif
extend your headband longer than normal, and wear them so that the headband pushes down toward the back of the top of your head. If you get it to land where your hair splits naturally, you won't get any "headphone marks" in your hair

another option is to fold 2-3 small pieces of paper to form thin "wedges" that you can attach to your headband. the wedges will split through your hair and will not leave any noticeable marks, but will decrease comfort

if you gex/wax/etc. your hair, the only options are
1) fully extend the headband and wear them using only the clamping force
2) rest the headband on the back of your neck and wear them "upside down" kind of

How do you do this if you have floats
biggrin.gif
?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back