What would you do in this situation?
Mar 19, 2006 at 1:48 AM Post #2 of 34
I would refuse first, but if he insisted, then I guess I'd be $300 richer.

Mar 19, 2006 at 1:50 AM Post #3 of 34
I would also say "no" but if he insists, take the money and run before he changes his mind lol.

Mar 19, 2006 at 1:56 AM Post #5 of 34
Quote:

Originally Posted by JahJahBinks
Say you recovered someone's fat wallet, the owner wanted to express his appriciation by handing over three benjamins, would you politely accept or refuse?

If owner = my mum -> politely refuse,

if owner = Bill Gates -> keep wallet!
evil_smiley.gif

Grinnings from Hannover!

Manfred / lini

Mar 19, 2006 at 2:01 AM Post #6 of 34
I'd do the same as the others. Refuse first, and if it was pressed, accept it as appreciation. I can understand wanting to show appreciation to a stranger in that situation with money. What else can he do, but offer money.

Did this happen to you?

Mar 19, 2006 at 2:34 AM Post #10 of 34
I agree with what the others have said. If someone found my lost wallet and none of my money was gone, I'd honestly want to give them something. I'd be a great gesture for them to turn it down, but I'd deep down like them to have at least something..

JD

Mar 19, 2006 at 2:36 AM Post #11 of 34
agreed with the others. I'd say "that's alright" but if he insisted, I'd take the cash and jet.

Mar 19, 2006 at 2:40 AM Post #12 of 34
Oh yeah, I should also add that after getting home safely with the $300, I'd continue to make a thread at Head-Fi asking what to buy with $300.

The next day, I'd be back on the streets and subways looking for lost wallets.

Mar 19, 2006 at 2:50 AM Post #14 of 34
i helped someone start thier car once. they offered me 20$ but i turned it down. then he said "being a good samaritan should pay off". so i took it... so yeah, deny then accept is the way to go.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back