What would have you feel regret if never done during your lifetime?
Feb 12, 2005 at 4:29 AM Post #16 of 52
Quote:

Originally Posted by chadbang
Doing your heart's desire isn't all it's cracked up to being. Not ever "chasing your dream" is probably the best thing that ever happened to most people. I always dreamt of being in the film industry. Quit the best job I ever had, went back to grad school at 34 (and still in debt $100,000 in student loans), worked five years in the industry for peanuts and FAILED AT MY DREAM. Now I'm always vaugely depressed. Dodging creditors. Nothing left to dream of. The end of my life's fantasy. What does that tell you?

Of course nobody ever believes THEY will fail...

Bwaaahhahahahahha!!

Yes, I failed too. Lived my entire life figuring I was destined to be a successful musician. Spent years chasing the dream but ultimately struck out.

Then, decided I ought to move on and went to law school. I was ok as a lawyer, I just hated the life.

Then, at age 30, figured I ought try something new - became a teacher. And, though I'll never be famous and never be wealthy, I found my calling.

Be patient.

Feb 12, 2005 at 4:35 AM Post #17 of 52
* Learnt something for the sake of knowing...not jut to pass exams...
* Saying "I love you" to someone I love before they leave because I didnt say it...
* See all the major cities of the world
* Meditate in the himalayas...become a hermit with unlimited supplies of mind altering drugs
tongue.gif

Feb 12, 2005 at 4:47 AM Post #20 of 52
2 chicks at once.

Biggie.

Feb 12, 2005 at 5:01 AM Post #21 of 52
Sometimes I regret not going to the better school for the better program (instead I chose to stay at home, work my way through university here, and come out debt-free, instead of going away). Sometimes I regret that.

Sometimes I regret not keeping up involvement in Scouting, but then I remember how swamped I am, and what a lie "one hour a week" is, and I know that I'll get back into it when school's done.

And I always regret not giving my all at school. But that's getting better.

Feb 12, 2005 at 5:19 AM Post #22 of 52
Some of the smartest, most talented people I've met have thrown away their lives to drugs and alcohol, and I don't want to follow them. There's a girl I hung out with for awhile that's a great photographer, a free thinker and an all-around cool person, but at the age of 16 she's having to get some surger done because her drinking's screwed up her body. I sit there and see their future dwindling by the day, and the whole world's forced to sit there and watch their demise at such a young age. I don't care if I become a billionaire or a bum, I just want to know that I never blocked myself from reaching my potential.

Feb 12, 2005 at 6:53 AM Post #23 of 52
Quote:

Originally Posted by Genetic
«So what's a nice incubator like you is doing in a place like this?»

LOL !!
icon10.gif

This is a family forum so I'll leave mine out ... something in the line of Biggie's.
wink.gif

For general audience rating, I'd like to see more places in the world and teach my kids to play good chess.

Feb 12, 2005 at 6:54 AM Post #24 of 52
Becoming enlightened. "They" say that most people become enlightened when they die - but by then it's too late. As far as I can tell most people die with regrets. I doubt that never having heard the HP-1000 or that new Stax will faze me.

Feb 12, 2005 at 8:56 AM Post #25 of 52
Quote:

Originally Posted by eyeteeth
What would have you feel regret if never done during your lifetime?

What an odd way of wording a question.
There are many things I have never done, I don't know that there are any I would get a feeling of regret about.
To speculate which of the things I have done, I would feel regret over if I hadn't done them is just too confusing to think about.
Things that I have done that I feel regret over are many.
tongue.gif

Feb 12, 2005 at 9:11 AM Post #26 of 52
breakin the 200mph mark in a car. only hit 140 for now (stupid honda gearing). oh and owning a buell or hayabusa. and getting married. and climbing glacier peak in washington state.

Feb 12, 2005 at 9:47 AM Post #27 of 52
If, when I die, I am not still married to my fiance and I had not raised any children who are successful and happy, I will have great regret. An enduring and healthy marriage with successful and happy children is the ultimate goal in my life.

Feb 12, 2005 at 10:04 AM Post #28 of 52
Quote:

Originally Posted by a1leyez0nm3
breakin the 200mph mark in a car.

Whatever it is, you need to do that soon - a better honda gearing will accelerate useful lifetime by much ...
icon10.gif

Feb 12, 2005 at 10:32 AM Post #29 of 52
Quote:

Originally Posted by bahamaman
Yes, I failed too. Lived my entire life figuring I was destined to be a successful musician. Spent years chasing the dream but ultimately struck out.

Then, decided I ought to move on and went to law school. I was ok as a lawyer, I just hated the life.

Then, at age 30, figured I ought try something new - became a teacher. And, though I'll never be famous and never be wealthy, I found my calling.

Be patient.

I guess I'm in the position you were in. I'm chasing my dream, intending to become a musician/composer!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back