What would happen?
Jan 10, 2011 at 5:25 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

Terdinus Asus

New Head-Fier
I've always been curious about something and never actually tried it. 

What would happen if you hooked up a pair of earbuds to an amped source, hooked up larger cans to the source as well, put the earbuds in and then put the headphones on top?  

Would the magnets in the two headphones interfere with each other?

Jan 10, 2011 at 5:36 PM Post #2 of 6
i tried something similar, i put my IEMs (TF10) and synced the song with the same song on my stereo in my car, i turned both of them up and the only thing i noticed was the vibrations from the stereo system lol let us know if you try your experiment!

Jan 10, 2011 at 5:53 PM Post #3 of 6
Hmm will try it.  I'm curious if this can be used to make a poor man's surround headphone or just to use headphones that excel at one end of the spectrum to balance out headphones that are good on the other.

Probably not, but worth a shot.  

Jan 10, 2011 at 6:08 PM Post #4 of 6
I did something similar by accident, and it left me amazed, until i realised how stupid i am.
dt880smile.png

When i bought the PX100 II i plugged them into my hi-fi speaker stereo amplifier, and said to give them a good ride. I don't remember what song, but the sound was stunning, widest soundstage and the fullest sound i ever heard from cans, and the bass so strong that my chest was feeling vibrations. After like 30 seconds of amazement and stupidity, wth?!, where all that from????

Until i looked at the amplifier and saw the red light that tells the floorstanders remained on (the speakers don't turn off autmatically when phones inserted, i have to switch them off manually and i forgot). LOL.
dt880smile.png

Jan 11, 2011 at 1:31 AM Post #6 of 6

Quote:
I did something similar by accident, and it left me amazed, until i realised how stupid i am.
dt880smile.png

When i bought the PX100 II i plugged them into my hi-fi speaker stereo amplifier, and said to give them a good ride. I don't remember what song, but the sound was stunning, widest soundstage and the fullest sound i ever heard from cans, and the bass so strong that my chest was feeling vibrations. After like 30 seconds of amazement and stupidity, wth?!, where all that from????

Until i looked at the amplifier and saw the red light that tells the floorstanders remained on (the speakers don't turn off autmatically when phones inserted, i have to switch them off manually and i forgot). LOL.
dt880smile.png

done it a few times before and the cans sound amazing, the soundstage is huge
tongue_smile.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back