What would be better for gaming?
May 14, 2009 at 2:23 AM Post #61 of 65
Quote:

Originally Posted by Lettu /img/forum/go_quote.gif
If you're a competitive gamer save your money because cans don't really make a difference. IMO

Sigh.....

Why stop there. You don't even need any sound, or HD resolutions.

May 14, 2009 at 2:30 AM Post #62 of 65
Quote:

Originally Posted by Lettu /img/forum/go_quote.gif
If you're a competitive gamer save your money because cans don't really make a difference. IMO

confused.gif

Huh?!?

May 14, 2009 at 11:07 AM Post #64 of 65
Ultrasone HFI 580/780 but i'm sure this has been mentioned several times in the thread. I myself is currently in a lookout for an offer for this headphone.
smily_headphones1.gif

May 14, 2009 at 1:30 PM Post #65 of 65
Quote:

Originally Posted by jfourc /img/forum/go_quote.gif
What would be better if I cared more about the overall atmosphere of the game over simply positioning - AD900 or DT880 properly amped? I'm guessing it'll be DT880 as many people have pointed out.

Also Auzentech Forte vs Asus Essence STX as a soundcard? Many people have been saying that the Forte better for gaming, but I was wondering if Dolby Live (Forte) or Dolby Headphone (Essence) is better for gaming and movies?

According to the discussion in the following link: Forte wins it for games while the STX wins it for music.

Auzen Forte vs ASUS Xonar Essence STX - Page 2 - XtremeSystems Forums

So, if you really are going for a gaming setup, the Forte may be your best bet. It's also cheaper, if that matters to you.

Here's a review that does direct comparisons(the review seems to support the forum discussion): Elite Bastards - ASUS Xonar Essence STX PCI Express sound card review

I have no advice for headphones beyond what I mentioned in my previous posts. I admit I'm curious about what others will say though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back