What willyou buy for yourself this holiday season?
Nov 26, 2003 at 5:21 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 50

NEO

500+ Head-Fier
Audio..non audio stuff
Me...I'm broke
frown.gif

Nov 26, 2003 at 6:01 AM Post #2 of 50
Probably just music... I joined BMG music service, so need to buy one CD at "full price" at this point and then I get 7 "free" CDs (actually about $2.50 apiece shipping/handling).

Then I'm gonna cancel the service and have a total of 15 CDs that I paid a little less than $4.00 apiece for when everything's accounted for.

Nov 26, 2003 at 6:22 AM Post #3 of 50
i'm done for a while. at least til summer next year.

just got finished piecing together my first rig.

details are in my sig (home rig)

Nov 26, 2003 at 6:34 AM Post #4 of 50
This is the time of year when I usually buy something expensive for us. I get my bonus next month, and it is usually very large.
This year is going to be different. I purchased a car a few months ago on payments. I now have too many payments to make each month. Which means I have to work more than I want to. So I'm gonna pay something off and then lay off sick for a few days
biggrin.gif

Nov 26, 2003 at 6:41 AM Post #5 of 50
As far as audio goes, I think I've spent enough in the past 6 months on gear. I think what I'm going to buy for myself this holiday season is a two line stunt kite. Kite flying is also one of my many other hobbies besides audio, and since I've started getting into audio I've laid off on my other hobbies. Would deifinitely like to start flying kites again as I haven't done it in a long time. So with my holiday bonus I'd probably buy a kite and pay off some of my charge card bills.

Nov 26, 2003 at 9:18 AM Post #8 of 50
Oh, I will buy myself some CDs....as well as CDs, and a few more CDs...
smily_headphones1.gif
Really, more music is all I really want now. I have my first nice audio rig set up now so I'm happy with that. I just need an MP3 player...hoping Santa will take care of that
wink.gif

Nov 26, 2003 at 10:31 AM Post #9 of 50
Quote:

Originally posted by fewtch
Probably just music... I joined BMG music service, so need to buy one CD at "full price" at this point and then I get 7 "free" CDs (actually about $2.50 apiece shipping/handling).

Then I'm gonna cancel the service and have a total of 15 CDs that I paid a little less than $4.00 apiece for when everything's accounted for.

Does this program really let you choose any cds freedomly? If so, can you post the link? I used to hear that there is some restriction applied. But not sure if it's the BMG's one.

Nov 26, 2003 at 11:11 AM Post #10 of 50
See sig below. I'm broke too.

Nov 26, 2003 at 11:27 AM Post #11 of 50
Hmm. I think i'm aquiring DT880s. And i'm getting some good CDs!
I've been meaning to catch up on Melt-Banana so i'm buying three of their CDs and Judy and Mary's WARP. Yaay!

Nov 26, 2003 at 1:57 PM Post #12 of 50
Nov 26, 2003 at 2:07 PM Post #13 of 50
Fingers crossed, a pair of these baby's:
703%20Rosenut_sm.gif
the new Bowers & Wilkins 703

If not, a kicking M&K sub/sat 5.1 package.....
biggrin.gif

If not, I'll just keep saving for my big Euro/Colorado/Canadia ski trip next year....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back