what will you buy in 2005?
Jan 1, 2005 at 4:22 AM Post #16 of 87
I'm thinking... White Noise Audio headphone amp kit and, if I can find some, a pair of Beyerdynamic DT531s. Ohhhh yeah, that'll increase my groovalizing to the max!

Maybe I'll make myself some silver ICs, also, just for the hell of it. My silver-plated copper ones are pretty nice though. (look at the pretty techflex!)
smily_headphones1.gif

Oh yeah, and MUSIC! Lots and lots of new music!

Jan 1, 2005 at 5:07 AM Post #17 of 87
hmm don't know yet. I have been considering wadia 861se with GNSC upgrade but somebody advised me that would be a step backwards. I would love to own the EMP+sr-225 combo again.

Jan 1, 2005 at 5:48 AM Post #18 of 87
Now that my self-purchased Chrissy presents have been installed and broken in a bit, I have been pondering other things I want but don't need (ha-ha).

Since the Senns sound great with the Solo 2004 and I like the Senn sound, I might sell the HD600s and upgrade to the HD650, or keep the HD600/Cardas for movies and perhaps a get a Zu Mobius with the HD650. Might get some new interconnects as well to squeeze more juice out of my headphone CD source. I have one pair of MIT 330s but they are on the home theatre front L/R channels (it's been a struggle to keep them there and not kidnap them for the bedroom headphone set up).

Either way I can see more cash rash ahead!

Jan 1, 2005 at 6:22 AM Post #19 of 87
Perhaps modded E-mu 0404 w/ custom 1/4" to RCA IC, Ety ER-4's, Altec Lansing mx5021's, and maybe some headphile cables for my 580s. We'll see what happens when my B-day comes around!

Jan 1, 2005 at 6:34 AM Post #20 of 87
Silver Dragon Senn cable
Sony CD3000
Swap my SR80s for some SR225s.
AKG K1000 with suitable amp if I can land a better job.
rolleyes.gif

Jan 1, 2005 at 7:55 AM Post #21 of 87
Some nice isolating closed cans for travel and portable use, probably the AKG K271. I'll probably need a good portable amp for that, though, and I'm not sure what to go with for it. I'd probably be happy with a Headsave Go-Vibe, but I already have a Classic and I'd like to try something a bit more different.

Jan 1, 2005 at 8:03 AM Post #22 of 87
a new sound card probably, build an amp for my a900's, and maybe some more cand, we'll see how much money I'll have for this.

Jan 1, 2005 at 8:28 AM Post #23 of 87
"Limited Wish" List

AKG K501s
Modded MG Head
DT770Pro Darth Beyers (if possible)
A Dedicated source ^_^ probably a DVD Player
New Stereo Intergrated amp for speakers
Music
interconnects (no idea what though)
Grado SR-225 Woodies

im so hungry lol

Jan 1, 2005 at 8:31 AM Post #24 of 87
nothing, I tell you, NOTHING!!!!!!!

*pants like a deranged maniac*

oh yeah, and my new years resolution this year is to not spend ANY money on any more audio stuff unless something breaks or something needs polishing. I spent way too much money on head-fi stuff in the past year... yeah. but watch me end up getting some shures, upgrades for my emu, and a whole lot of other stuff that'll make me go broke before the summer's over
biggrin.gif

Jan 1, 2005 at 11:34 AM Post #28 of 87
I'll try some new interconnects. Apart from that, no upgrade plans, since the HD 700 won't be released in the near future and the Qualia 010 is too expensive and (said to be) too critical.

But I'm still on the search for really good music on DVD-Audio (to make full use of my new UDP-1), which is hard.

peacesign.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back