What was your second mp3 player
Oct 29, 2007 at 1:52 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 36

g_hause

100+ Head-Fier
I've got an old ihp120 and I've run out of space. I loved that it has digital out, but I am using a media server now so that is going unused. I haven't been paying much attention to the portable market lately. I need to play flac and ogg, but it looks like most players can pull that off if you jump through enough hoops.

So what did you get wen your archos or iRiver ran out of space and why?

Oct 29, 2007 at 12:08 PM Post #6 of 36
Rio carbon ,

And it's still working , but I must admit I did replace the HD with CF and now a creative micro HD ( more capacity) .

And the battery is a Ipod 4G one ( 850 MAH) wich lasts forever . Did not fit in the case so I got rid of the back cover and used a piece of plastic from my JVC air cushion's package.

Sound is identical to the Ipod shuffle 1G .

My first was a Benq joybee 120 (philips) , it's sound is very full and powerfull and sounds great with the ksc75.

Oct 29, 2007 at 12:34 PM Post #7 of 36
I moved from an iRiver H320 to an iAudio X5 because I didn't like the bulkiness of the H320. I moved away from the X5 because the joystick thing was way too tiny and annoying! I am now on an iRiver H120 with a 30gb HD and a 2200 mah battery so all is cool!

I am looking to move to a new player as the H120 (130!) is phyisically falling apart, chunks of plastic coming off the side panels, paint bubbling off. The only player I will consider is the Kenwood 30gb media keg but apparently it's impossible to get hold of in the UK which is VERY annoying.
blink.gif

Oct 29, 2007 at 12:41 PM Post #8 of 36
Still on my first. Bought a Toshiba gigabeat S about 2 years ago and it still works great, and has amazing sound quality.

Probably won't upgrade until something else really compelling comes out, or it dies, whichever comes first.

Oct 29, 2007 at 4:10 PM Post #11 of 36
The iPod mini was my second MP3 player, in 2004 (or something).

Oct 29, 2007 at 9:02 PM Post #13 of 36
Sansa e260 was my second one... great for the price imho, in terms of features

Oct 29, 2007 at 9:07 PM Post #14 of 36
I went from a little RCA Lyra to the Sony Vaio. A nice jump in SQ, not to mention storage. The Vaio is now in the process of being replaced by a Zune 30.
smily_headphones1.gif

Oct 29, 2007 at 9:15 PM Post #15 of 36
My first DAP was the Creative Labs Muvo. At the time it was a great bang for buck player (2gb for $60). The sound quality was average at best and it lacked a lot of the bells and whistles of more expensive players. But over all I was happy with it.

My second player is the Zune. I really had no plans to buy it until the Woot sales came on, and I figure for the price it was worth checking out. For the price I paid it was a great deal, but the player itself I found disappointing. Simple things that my Creative could do was not possible on the Zune without some hack. For example, you cannot drag and drop on the Zune (even with the hack you must have the Zune software running to "drag and drop"), you can't use the Zune as an external hard drive, there is no folder support, it only supports English text (and don't give me that "it's only sold in America and Americans only speak English" crap
rolleyes.gif
).

But I try to remind myself that I only paid $100 for the Zune, so again great bang for buck, but over all disappointing player.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back