What was your first pair of headphones?
Dec 19, 2011 at 6:23 PM Post #5 of 20
There is already more than 30 years ago, a headphone to my father, i don't remember the brand, circum aural headphone with big leather pad and plastic housing with a button to turn for volume control,lol, connected to an old technics amp.

Dec 19, 2011 at 7:53 PM Post #8 of 20
The Koss UR-5, found on Google now for $2. ^^ I loved em, and i still get a kick out of listening to them how i used to, on an old ipod-mini (not nano, mini!) with a 128 kbps rip of the Beatles' Yellow Submarine

Dec 19, 2011 at 8:07 PM Post #11 of 20
My 1st pair of headphones[as far as I can remember]was a pair of Magnavox[I believe it was]headphones back in the early 70's.[they were huge and made of plastic]

Dec 19, 2011 at 8:35 PM Post #13 of 20
I don't remember what my very first pair was. Probably some cheap, generic piece of crap.

There was the Sony MDR-CD180 I acquired at a yard sale for a few dollars as a portable headphone, but the headband broke. So much for that.

I suppose the first headphone I got that's actually worth talking about is the Audio-Technica ATH-AD700, mostly because of all the gaming hype it had.

Dec 19, 2011 at 8:37 PM Post #14 of 20
Koss TNT/55... sold as some random brand at a local radioshack. I think I was 16 when I had them and this was back when everyone just had tape players.

Dec 19, 2011 at 9:00 PM Post #15 of 20
I stumbled upon head-fi in 2005 while looking for reviews of a set of Koss ksc75's that I picked up for pocket change from radioshack (via fatwallet). After lurking for a year I ended up registering and started on my journey.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back