What Was the First Concert You Ever Saw?
Dec 1, 2011 at 8:18 PM Post #76 of 92
Teenage Ninja Mutant Turtles live.  It was kind of a musical, but awesome at the time.  I still have a cassette tape with studio versions of the songs, and it's surprisingly good for 80s-sounding rock/pop.

Dec 2, 2011 at 4:15 PM Post #78 of 92
The Crash was the first I ever saw I guess. Great band btw.

Dec 2, 2011 at 4:17 PM Post #79 of 92
Ratt, Kix and Britney Fox. Philly Spectrum, 1989? I was 15 and we got stinking drunk on wine coolers.

In retrospect, not my proudest moment.
blink.gif

Dec 3, 2011 at 11:34 AM Post #80 of 92

Quote:
Ratt, Kix and Britney Fox. Philly Spectrum, 1989? I was 15 and we got stinking drunk on wine coolers.

In retrospect, not my proudest moment.
blink.gif

This wasn't my first concert but I saw this tour in Columbus, OH.  It was the worst sound of any show I've ever heard.  Bass overpowered everything.  Robin Crosby's drunk backing vocals ruined most of the songs.  One of the worst shows I've ever seen.

Dec 3, 2011 at 12:21 PM Post #81 of 92
Grand Funk Railroad 1970

Dec 3, 2011 at 1:03 PM Post #83 of 92

Quote:
This wasn't my first concert but I saw this tour in Columbus, OH.  It was the worst sound of any show I've ever heard.  Bass overpowered everything.  Robin Crosby's drunk backing vocals ruined most of the songs.  One of the worst shows I've ever seen.

I'd be lying if I said I remembered much of the concert. It was my first drunk.
blink.gif

I do recall my whole group standing on your seats with middle fingers high during the whole Britney Fox set. Somehow, their glam metal was offensive to us, while Ratt's glam metal was perfectly OK. It made so much sense at the time.

Dec 3, 2011 at 1:10 PM Post #84 of 92

Quote:
I am almost embarressed to say it, but, it was Jim Stafford. Anybody remember him? I was about 12 or 13 and my sister got stuck taking me along. It was at the Eastern Montana State college gymnasium. Man, them college girls looked good. Must have been about 1970 or 71. It actually turned out to be a fun time.

That dude didn't like spiders or snakes!

Dec 3, 2011 at 3:40 PM Post #86 of 92
Like 5 years ago, Dark Tranquillity with Scar Symmetry and i forget who, never forget walking in to those pounding bass drums at the HOB. I think i even hit Disneyland before it as i had a pass at the time.

Dec 9, 2011 at 1:02 PM Post #89 of 92
heart opening for santana sometime in the early 80's at altos de chavon in the dominican republic.  there is actually a dvd of the show out there called "concert for the americas".

Users who are viewing this thread

Back