What Was the First Concert You Ever Saw?
Nov 21, 2002 at 11:50 AM Post #31 of 92
Quote:

Originally posted by actimation
As far as I can remember, my first concert was the Nutcracker. When and where did I see, I'm not too sure. I think I was in kidergarten at the time.

Although, my parents claimed they took me to see concert when I was merely past one. Can't recall any specifics about that, so I just have to take their word for it.

It must have been in the city (being from Brooklyn, as I am, you'll know what that means). I saw it 20 years ago at City Center, I think.

Nov 21, 2002 at 4:52 PM Post #32 of 92
My first concert (that I can remember) was Michael Jackson Thriller. It must of been about 20 years ago, and it was at either Comiskey Park or Wrigley field in Chicago. I could tell you, the opening act really scared me, with the Jackson 5 carrying a coffin out on their shoulders. Thats just about all I remember.

Nov 21, 2002 at 5:19 PM Post #33 of 92
Quote:

Originally posted by OneMalt

1967 (?), Sly & The Family Stone, Buffalo War Memorial Auditorium. I had a very hip older sister and brother-in-law.

Wow, I remember I had tickets to see them a long time ago and they never showed up, damn near had a riot at the auditorium. I did get the chance to see Larry Graham (Sly's old bassist) and Graham Central Station (anyone remember them?) many years later though.

Nov 21, 2002 at 5:30 PM Post #34 of 92
Shaggy in Dubai, United Arab Emirates

It was a helluva lot of fun ... babes galore ... I was single then
very_evil_smiley.gif

Sound was surprizingly good ... and he did a lot of pelvic thrusts that made him look like a dodo
rolleyes.gif

Nov 21, 2002 at 5:53 PM Post #36 of 92
Quote:

Originally posted by JMT
I did get the chance to see Larry Graham (Sly's old bassist) and Graham Central Station (anyone remember them?) many years later though.

Sure do. How were they? I remember seeing them on TV, I think it was Don Kirschner's Rock Concert (remember that?).

Nov 21, 2002 at 6:17 PM Post #37 of 92
Outstanding, from what I recall (there were a lot of recreational pharmecuticals around at the time
rolleyes.gif
). I always liked Larry Graham's deep baritone voice, and he played a mean bass. They had a lot of energy and actually blew away Buddy Miles and Billy Preston (Buddy Miles was the headline and we left halfway through his set). I actually remember Don Kirschner's Rock Concert too. Do you remember the show "In Concert?" I used to look foward to that show every Saturday night. That was the only time I actually got to see Emerson, Lake, and Palmer perform.

Nov 21, 2002 at 6:51 PM Post #38 of 92
Quote:

Originally posted by JMT
[BDo you remember the show "In Concert?" I used to look foward to that show every Saturday night. That was the only time I actually got to see Emerson, Lake, and Palmer perform. [/B]

I don't think I do. When was it on? Who was the host? I remember "Midnight Special," though.

Nov 21, 2002 at 10:31 PM Post #40 of 92
Quote:

Originally posted by FCJ

I don't think I do. When was it on? Who was the host?

Saturday nights, 11:30pm. No host, just an announcer saying what bands were going to be on. The cool thing about it was that it simultaneously broadcast over a local FM radio station so you were able to hear the concert in stereo.
eek.gif

[size=xx-small].........No, TV wasn't always in stereo, nor was it always in color.
wink.gif
[/size]

Nov 21, 2002 at 11:01 PM Post #42 of 92
Quote:

Originally posted by RickG
Herman and the Hermits and the Animals. I think it was '66 or '67 at Memorial Auditorium in Dallas,TX.

smily_headphones1.gif

Two of the first records my brothers owned, circa 1965. Played on an old Maganvox console. Tracking weight: about four grams!

Nov 21, 2002 at 11:27 PM Post #43 of 92
Quote:

Originally posted by FCJ
Two of the first records my brothers owned, circa 1965. Played on an old Maganvox console. Tracking weight: about four grams!

Ouch! And we wonder why only the best albums wore out!

Nov 21, 2002 at 11:30 PM Post #44 of 92
Quote:

Originally posted by Audio Redneck
Ouch! And we wonder why only the best albums wore out!

Even better--on the ones that skipped, we would tape a penny or two to the tonearm!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back