What type of Moon Audio Cable should I buy for my ultrasone's pro 900?
Aug 4, 2012 at 9:05 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

bifd

New Head-Fier
Hey guys I just switched from Dre's because of all the great information that this forum had here. So far I just ordered a
Ultrasone Pro 900
Fiio e17
And some cable to go on my Iphone to the Fii0 for 9 dollars

Now my question is what cable would best suit me I prefer bass over everything but detail and mids matter. I have 100 dollars max ( a lil over is ok) and am wondering what cable would suit me the best from moon audio? Silver, Black Blue? If anyone can explain the differences on what they add or if their even worth it I would appreciate it. Also what type of cables do I need (What type of tips does my e17 accpet and headphones I see some with two input points to headphones and one to Amp) if you could link to the exact model on moon audio that would make my day.

Aug 4, 2012 at 9:57 PM Post #2 of 7
I wouldnt bother buying a cable if i was you.. The recommended moon audio blue dragon cost around 200 which is alot of money, half of the pro 900. You are not going to be able tell substantial differences and will waste your money on minimal improvements. If i was you, i would save up for a better amplifier or dac. Just my 2 cents.

Aug 4, 2012 at 10:55 PM Post #3 of 7
Quote:
I wouldnt bother buying a cable if i was you.. The recommended moon audio blue dragon cost around 200 which is alot of money, half of the pro 900. You are not going to be able tell substantial differences and will waste your money on minimal improvements. If i was you, i would save up for a better amplifier or dac. Just my 2 cents.

x2. I really don't think spending over half the price you paid for the headphones on a cable can be justified. You could buy a decent pair of headphones to use alongside your pro 900s for that money.

Aug 5, 2012 at 12:43 AM Post #4 of 7
Quote:
x2. I really don't think spending over half the price you paid for the headphones on a cable can be justified. You could buy a decent pair of headphones to use alongside your pro 900s for that money.

X3

Aug 5, 2012 at 8:25 AM Post #5 of 7
The ultrasone PRO 900 is pretty terrible IMHO. It may be bassy, but I don't see it far above beats pro. It's definitely overrated. I've listened to them and uh.. no good.

Personally in your situation I'd sell the PRO 900, skip the cable and reach for the nearest Orthodynamic if you want lovely audiophile bass.

For the less audiophillic listener with a craving for uncontrolled bassy overload I'd recommend:

x4

Aug 5, 2012 at 9:23 AM Post #6 of 7
get the one which looks best... they won't change the sound so just choose a sturdy one you like to wear.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back