What type of light do you prefer?
Nov 5, 2007 at 6:51 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 29

wes.coleman

100+ Head-Fier
Warm or cool? Personally, I can't stand fluorescent light unless I'm in the chem. lab. I have to have warm light. I do like sunlight, though. Not too warm, not too cool.

Nov 5, 2007 at 7:23 PM Post #2 of 29
candles for atmosphere

Nov 5, 2007 at 7:31 PM Post #3 of 29
I prefer the warm light from candles.

Nov 5, 2007 at 7:32 PM Post #4 of 29
Candles and side lamps are nice and cosy.

But if the company is uneasy on the eyes, then no light is better. . .
biggrin.gif

Nov 5, 2007 at 7:42 PM Post #5 of 29
Neutral, slightly warm, like my headphones.
wink.gif
Normal incandescent light is ugly, "white" fluorescent lights are too blue for me. My room currently contains two warm and two cool-colored fluorescent lights to create a balanced color temperature.

Nov 5, 2007 at 8:28 PM Post #6 of 29
Those "full-spectrum" fluorescents are what does it for me - not too cool, not too warm. Much better lighting since I got them.

Nov 5, 2007 at 8:49 PM Post #8 of 29
Fluorescent lites give me a headache. I can see them strobe and it drives me NUTS.

I'll take full-spectrum light any day. Sunlight is best.

GAD

Nov 5, 2007 at 9:43 PM Post #10 of 29
Sunlight > moonlight > starlight > full spectrum > Christmas lights > darkness > halogen > Lite Brite > yellow >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>, >>>>>>>>>>>, >>>>>>>>>>>>>>, >>>>>>>>>>> fluorescent.

Nov 5, 2007 at 10:06 PM Post #11 of 29
I wub halogen bulbs. Sure they give off huge amounts of heat, but I love the light they give off. (and the heat they produce can help heat the room, two in one. That's a win.)

Edit-
I especially love the standing lamps that use halogen bulbs, those are awesome. I used to have two. One of them kept killing bulbs one after the other, and the other came apart at one of the links and it wouldn't go back together. I miss them.
frown.gif

But at least I have a little halogen desk lamp, it's cool.

Nov 5, 2007 at 11:17 PM Post #13 of 29
2800K (ish) spots, and turn up the furnace. A comfy chair or bed and a choice of fine headphones. Home is indeed sweet! The Ikea CFLs have a great soft quality to them, but the color's only nice while they are warming up, then the green tone creeps up.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back