1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

What type of glue to use to reattach leather ear cup to body of Stax 507?

Discussion in 'High-end Audio Forum' started by glorkaglickflic, Jun 27, 2014.
  1. glorkaglickflic
    One small corner of the leather ear cup is coming loose.  It sticks to the plastic  base when I push it back, but after wearing the headphones, it comes loose again.  What type or brand of glue should I use to reattach it?

2. glorkaglickflic
    One small corner of the leather ear cup is coming loose.  It sticks to the plastic  base when I push it back, but after wearing the headphones, it comes loose again.  What type or brand of glue should I use to reattach it?

3. glorkaglickflic

4. judo
    You do not need to ask the same thrice you do not get an answer for this maybe. I do not know what glue was used by Stax but I asked from Akg service something similar about K1000 and the little temple pads. They told me "The most appropriate glue is a contact adhesive type - e.g. PATTEX Compact." It worked well for me. If you want to be absolutely sure ask Spritzer.

5. glorkaglickflic
    I absolutely needed to ask the same question "thrice" because none had answered the question since the initial posting on June 27th. In fact, the third posting finally produced a response.

6. judo
    Thanks for the possibility. Perhaps you may quadruplicate your question in the stax or the diy thread if you think so.

7. glorkaglickflic
    Code:
    [color=rgb(33, 33, 33)] Ha kap egy választ a kérdésre, abszolút.[/color]