What type of glue to use to reattach leather ear cup to body of Stax 507?
Jun 27, 2014 at 2:23 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

glorkaglickflic

100+ Head-Fier
One small corner of the leather ear cup is coming loose.  It sticks to the plastic  base when I push it back, but after wearing the headphones, it comes loose again.  What type or brand of glue should I use to reattach it?

Jul 14, 2014 at 7:01 PM Post #2 of 7
One small corner of the leather ear cup is coming loose.  It sticks to the plastic  base when I push it back, but after wearing the headphones, it comes loose again.  What type or brand of glue should I use to reattach it?

Jul 25, 2014 at 6:25 PM Post #3 of 7

Jul 27, 2014 at 3:39 AM Post #4 of 7
You do not need to ask the same thrice you do not get an answer for this maybe. I do not know what glue was used by Stax but I asked from Akg service something similar about K1000 and the little temple pads. They told me "The most appropriate glue is a contact adhesive type - e.g. PATTEX Compact." It worked well for me. If you want to be absolutely sure ask Spritzer.

Jul 29, 2014 at 3:52 PM Post #5 of 7
  You do not need to ask the same thrice you do not get an answer for this maybe. I do not know what glue was used by Stax but I asked from Akg service something similar about K1000 and the little temple pads. They told me "The most appropriate glue is a contact adhesive type - e.g. PATTEX Compact." It worked well for me. If you want to be absolutely sure ask Spritzer.

I absolutely needed to ask the same question "thrice" because none had answered the question since the initial posting on June 27th. In fact, the third posting finally produced a response.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back