what TV show has the best music?
Oct 31, 2003 at 2:17 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 27

djgustashaw

1000+ Head-Fier
my vote goes to CSI. i'm watching it right now. i still haven't gotten the first and second season soundtracks, but this show has some of the best ambient music i've heard. really helps to make the scenes and it also helps to expand my music selection
biggrin.gif

so what's your favorite?

Oct 31, 2003 at 5:12 AM Post #5 of 27
  • Based on your taste, SNL.
  • PBS has some great concerts and specials/documentaries that'll check your channel surfing.
  • Austin City Limits has some great bands.
  • I do love The Who's CSI intro though.
  • Ed Sullivan brought some ground breaking groups to the tube.[/list=1]

Oct 31, 2003 at 5:33 AM Post #6 of 27
"ER" has always had some good stuff smattered throughout the season. You have to listen for it though.

Lately I've been enjoying the new "Cold Case Files" on CBS. BOth the show, and the music.

Oct 31, 2003 at 2:11 PM Post #9 of 27
I really thought the music plowed into 'Alias" was a pretty good mix, especially the first season. The show seems to be sliding downhill at a fairly good clip since then, though.
frown.gif

Oct 31, 2003 at 2:21 PM Post #10 of 27
Quote:

Originally posted by Voodoochile
I really thought the music plowed into 'Alias" was a pretty good mix, especially the first season. The show seems to be sliding downhill at a fairly good clip since then, though.

Agreed on both counts
frown.gif
. Since season 1, there seems little that engages, other than the intrinsic "hottness" of Jenny Garner. Shame.

Oct 31, 2003 at 2:28 PM Post #11 of 27
my vote for right now goes to carnivale. it's really great old music from the 30's, all kinds of stuff from classical jazz to ragtime.

csi had new radiohead songs in it, before the album was out. there's also been episodes where characters have mentioned the band before, so i'm betting someone among the crew is a pretty big fan.

[edit]: this past season of six feet under had modest mouse playing on it during one episode. i was flipping out, it was great. the rest of them had scattered coldplay songs and other stuff i'm not 100% sure about. it also gets my vote for best show on television, with or without music.

Oct 31, 2003 at 5:00 PM Post #12 of 27
No thought needed: Rockford Files.

I have a five minute version
smily_headphones1.gif

Oct 31, 2003 at 7:34 PM Post #14 of 27
conan o' brian will sometimes have on amazing bands. but it's hit or miss. he has had so many good bands: ok go, at the drive-in, sparta, the white stripes(for a week, they weren't great though), and i can't seem to remember any more.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back