What to upgrade for my computer audio?
Jun 10, 2009 at 8:37 PM Post #17 of 25
Quote:

Originally Posted by .Sup /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Seeing as the Promedias aren't balanced i would go with the Beresford as it can drive 595s easier than the other two.

What do you mean they aren't balanced?

Quote:

Originally Posted by freakydrew /img/forum/go_quote.gif
is this for music, movies or both?

This is for primarily music...games too but that's not really important.

Jun 10, 2009 at 11:44 PM Post #18 of 25
it depends what you're trying to accomplish. if you want a more involving GAMING experience, then I'd take the receiver people's advise.
If you want a better SOUND experience, then - by all means - add an amp to chain. don't forget good cables later on down the road.

Jun 10, 2009 at 11:45 PM Post #19 of 25
nate911 if your current soundcard can output optical or coaxial see if you can find an O1 Amp/Dac or an Octavart Amp/Dac (same unit w/ a name change). The O1 (Octavart) is a very nice sounding amp/dac that should keep you happy for a long time. If you can stretch the budget to $300 there is the iBasso D10. Good luck.

Jun 11, 2009 at 12:19 AM Post #20 of 25
Quote:

Originally Posted by matanoosh /img/forum/go_quote.gif
it depends what you're trying to accomplish. if you want a more involving GAMING experience, then I'd take the receiver people's advise.
If you want a better SOUND experience, then - by all means - add an amp to chain. don't forget good cables later on down the road.

SQ first definitely.

Quote:

Originally Posted by mrarroyo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
nate911 if your current soundcard can output optical or coaxial see if you can find an O1 Amp/Dac or an Octavart Amp/Dac (same unit w/ a name change). The O1 (Octavart) is a very nice sounding amp/dac that should keep you happy for a long time. If you can stretch the budget to $300 there is the iBasso D10. Good luck.

Alright...I'll check those out. How much better would it be spending more for the iBasso versus the others? Wonder how they compare to the other ones mentioned in this thread...hmm so many options.
tongue.gif
Also, my card has an optical out via the Flexijack (standard 3.5mm plug).

Jun 23, 2009 at 5:23 PM Post #21 of 25
Haven't bumped this thread in a while...

I still have no idea what to get; there are so many choices...
Beserford TC-7520
E-MU 0404 USB
iBasso D10
Asus Xonar Esssence STX

Jun 23, 2009 at 10:18 PM Post #23 of 25
Quote:

Originally Posted by koven /img/forum/go_quote.gif
out of those, i'd go w/ the ibasso d10 easily

i have the d2 boa w/ ad700's and it sounds awesome

Thanks for your recommendation.

Any other suggestions are welcome, btw.

Users who are viewing this thread