what to replace Grado SR80i's with?
May 4, 2012 at 2:10 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

blackhand

New Head-Fier
Well I have a pair of grados and I have until Sunday to return them at my local store. They just dont satisfy my needs I guess you could say I pulled the trigger mainly because they were the only good headphones in my town. I want something over ear and not on ear ive had them for a week and had time to break them in and all but I want something with more bass as I listen to electro, techno, dubstep, and rock every once in a while. What would I want for roughly < than $125

May 4, 2012 at 4:38 PM Post #2 of 5
The Audio Technica ATH-M50 will be well worth your investment.  Shop around a bit and you should be able to find a pair for under $125.  They are one of my top picks in the under $200 category.

Other headphones to try are:

1.)  Creative Aurvana Live!
Good bass, semi-neutral response for a $65 headphone, comfortable, they sound almost as good as the ATH-M50 but are not quite as durable

2.)  Sony MDR-ZX700
Tyll gives a little into how these sound here:

http://www.innerfidelity.com/content/audio-technica-ath-m50

May 5, 2012 at 11:16 AM Post #3 of 5
the thing with the ath-m50s are the places i find then < then 125 is on ebay and i heard abotu how there are fakes going around so im not 100% sure. but i will look into the other two as well 
smily_headphones1.gif

May 8, 2012 at 11:51 AM Post #4 of 5
I would hesitate from using ebay as well.  The ATH-M50 is one of those headphones worth waiting for so unless you need a headphone right away saving for the extra $25 is going to be well worth it.  With a little care they will last 10 years.

May 8, 2012 at 12:01 PM Post #5 of 5
The sennheiser hd25 are a great pair of headphones, though they might be a bit to small for what you were hoping. otherwise the new philips uptown. They looked like a bit of a gimmick when i first saw them but i'm now seeing people say they're better than ath-m50's. though u'll probably have to buy them somewhere like amazon since they only came out very recently.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back