What to get with headphones and which ones to get (Pc 360 or the hd 598)
May 17, 2013 at 1:30 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

briansun1

New Head-Fier
Hi all so I am new here and am looking to get into the headphone world(I think thats right) anyway I am going to ether get the Pc 360 or the hd 598(with antlion mod mic unless some one can give a better recommendation [leaning towards the hd 598]) now the question is which sound car/ amp /what ever else do I need ?(mostly for gaming and audio books) any help is appreciated Thanks
oh and do you guys know where in houston they sell them?

May 17, 2013 at 10:33 PM Post #2 of 3
I bought the pc360 and to be honest the first time I used them I wasn't 100 percent sure that I made the right choice. However I love them it took a little time for bass to loosen up, I am a competitive gamer and paired with a good soundcard I can pinpoint enemies exactly where they are and if there's two or three of them. The soundstage is great and its given me a more enjoyable gaming experience. I have a pc360 for gaming and a set of dt880 beyers for listening to music. It all comes down to personal preference but I'm glad I bought them. I haven't tried the hd598 though so my opinion may be biased. I'm not a bass head and used to hate my old headphones drowning out position cues every time a gunshot or grenade went off. I find the pc360 to have a nice balance of mids and highs with a decent soundstage for a gaming headset. The microphone is a great addition and friends in game have no trouble hearing me at all. Some say there are better options in a headphone but I don't like clip on mics or seperate cables. So for its purpose i don't regret it's purchase.

May 18, 2013 at 7:05 PM Post #3 of 3
The asus xonar essence stx is a great internal pcie soundcard there's quite a few different sound settings and the amp can drive up to 600ohm headsets. It has dts surround and really smashes the integrated mobo soundcard. The dac is wonderful producing clear crystal signals. There might be better expensive options but for the $0-$250 price bracket it's a thumbs up.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back