What to get to connect 5G iPod to pa2v2?
Sep 30, 2006 at 9:46 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 11

Narius

100+ Head-Fier
Ok so I just sent money for a pa2v2 along with ms-1's, and I just recieved my ksc75's yesterday! (I know... Ive kind of been on a spree lately! curse you head-fi!
smily_headphones1.gif
) off the fs/t forums and Ive heard that the stock inter connect is of low quality (built by ATI). So i was thinking about a cheap just going and getting a belkin or rca (the brand) mini 2 mini at bestbuy or circuit city, but then I read about iPod line outs; I heard that they sounded a lot better than the headphone out. So I saw a pocketdock and sik dock for abut $30 each on amazon and those looked like the ticket; but no of course next I saw the audio line out products and how muched they are raved here! Ok, so ALO bling for $50 looked good but no they are sold out! Does anyone know when they will be back in stock? I might end up just getting a ALO cryo...

BTW the headphones that are going to be used are ms-1, ksc75, DT770-80 pro (a little bit)

Sep 30, 2006 at 10:01 PM Post #2 of 11
Check out AudioLineOut.com. You can't go wrong. Ken is a great guy and his cables are very good.

Take care, Ed.

Sep 30, 2006 at 10:05 PM Post #3 of 11
Quote:

Originally Posted by biged
Check out AudioLineOut.com. You can't go wrong. Ken is a great guy and his cables are very good.

Take care, Ed.

Ya but which one should I get? I wanna just get the bling but its out of stock
frown.gif

Oct 1, 2006 at 12:27 AM Post #4 of 11
Quote:

Originally Posted by Narius
Ya but which one should I get? I wanna just get the bling but its out of stock
frown.gif

AudioLineOut makes some great products, and the Bling Bling is a very good LOD. I would recommend buying what you can afford, as the better line outs do sound better as you spend more. IMO.

Oct 1, 2006 at 6:25 PM Post #5 of 11
Pocket dock with line out is great. It's small and works like a charm.

See ya
Steve

Oct 1, 2006 at 6:30 PM Post #6 of 11
I bought a PocketDock recently and just returned it. I use my iPod in transit nearly every day. The PocketDock does not lock and kept falling out, so it was of no practical use. I liked the idea of the Firewire + lineout connector without a mediocre cable (as used in the Sik Din) -- but whereas the SikDin does lock in place, the PocketDock doesn't.

The ALO pieces are great. Of course the dock connectors lock securely, and the construction and materials are excellent.

In terms of safety and portability, the Cryo Dock seems to be the most practical. (I don't yet have a Cryo Dock.)

Sonically the Jumbo Silk Dock and Jumbo Cotton Dock are currently their top items, both containing solid silver conductors, with (obviously) different dielectrics.

Oct 1, 2006 at 6:38 PM Post #7 of 11
Thanks a bunch everyone for all of your recommendations. I decided not to cheap out and just bought an used ALO bling from a fellow head-fier for $35 shipped! It was just to good to pass up.

Oct 1, 2006 at 6:39 PM Post #8 of 11
Quote:

Originally Posted by Narius
Thanks a bunch everyone for all of your recommendations. I decided not to cheap out and just bought an used ALO bling from a fellow head-fier for $35 shipped! It was just to good to pass up.

Terrific. They're compact and look really neat. Remember to handle with care, since the conductors can break.

Enjoy!

Oct 1, 2006 at 11:57 PM Post #9 of 11
Quote:

Originally Posted by Romanee
Terrific. They're compact and look really neat. Remember to handle with care, since the conductors can break.

Enjoy!

Thanks for the tip! And ya ill be careful.
smily_headphones1.gif

Oct 13, 2006 at 7:29 AM Post #10 of 11
I'm currently having the very same dilemma. What to use to connect my iPod 5G to my PA2v2? To mix it up a bit I live in Finland and I have take the shipping costs into account.
rolleyes.gif

Currently the Qables sound promising as it would cost only 2€ extra to get them shipped. Also they have pretty affordable cables which is pretty much what I'm looking for. So can you give me alternatives to that Qables 36,5+2€Offering? Are the Switchcraft connectors worth 8,5€?

My current no1 option:
http://www.qables.com/index.php?main...roducts_id=379

Oct 13, 2006 at 6:32 PM Post #11 of 11
Quote:

Originally Posted by Snaques
I'm currently having the very same dilemma. What to use to connect my iPod 5G to my PA2v2? To mix it up a bit I live in Finland and I have take the shipping costs into account.
rolleyes.gif

Currently the Qables sound promising as it would cost only 2€ extra to get them shipped. Also they have pretty affordable cables which is pretty much what I'm looking for. So can you give me alternatives to that Qables 36,5+2€Offering? Are the Switchcraft connectors worth 8,5€?

My current no1 option:
http://www.qables.com/index.php?main...roducts_id=379

The qables are very good products, and the switch connector would be well suited. They are extremely durable, and feel hardened compared to neutrik ones. They dont seem as fat as the canare f12, so I say go for it because the cheapest I can get for one connector If I buy six is like 7.2€, so its not that bad of a deal. The main thing is that these cables grow with you. Once you get better and better amps, you will appreciate the extra durability.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back