What to get the girlfriend for christmas?
Dec 5, 2005 at 3:42 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 70

gregr507

100+ Head-Fier
I just started going out with this girl on friday, I really like her but I made the mistake of asking her out right before christmas so now i have to figure out something to get her
tongue.gif
So anyway do you guys have any advice? Im in high school without a job so nothing outrageously expensive

Dec 5, 2005 at 3:43 AM Post #2 of 70
What does she like? Personally I find that some chocolates and a nice stuffed animal work. It's cliche but functional.

Dec 5, 2005 at 3:52 AM Post #5 of 70
if you've got the artistic talent, handmade gifts are always good.

something simple and sweet is probably best at this stage. What is she into?

Maybe a trip somewhere, or dinner and a movie during the holiday break?

Does she have any particular interests? My girlfriend was getting into watercolor painting so I bought her a real nice brush for christmas.

Dec 5, 2005 at 3:56 AM Post #7 of 70
I assume you've known her or been casually dating for awhile now? Or did you just go from nothing to girlfriend overnight? A gift for a girl has to be something special that shows you know her well. The trick is that you don't need to spend a lot, you just need to buy the right thing.

Dec 5, 2005 at 4:05 AM Post #9 of 70
If you've just started going out I wouldn't worry too much about getting a "perfect gift". You proably know her better than any of us so it should be whatever is your best judgement that she likes. But if you are really stumped for ideas go back to the basics: flowers, candy, stuffed animals, a nice dinner and movie, something simple. Something hand made usually gets good responses too.

Dec 5, 2005 at 4:05 AM Post #10 of 70
You are still in high school, stuffed animals, flowers, and inexpensive jewlery work well. The key isnt what you get her, the key is not forgetting the card. Go to Halmark and get her the perfect card. Spend alot of time picking it out. Trust me.

Dec 5, 2005 at 4:13 AM Post #12 of 70
Quote:

Originally Posted by discord
heh, a cmoy?

Good question. Is she into the audio stuff? If so that makes it much easier.
600smile.gif
orphsmile.gif
k1000smile.gif

Oh, yeah don't forget the card. Even if the present sucks at least you can show you care.

Dec 5, 2005 at 4:18 AM Post #14 of 70
Quote:

Originally Posted by Shizelbs
Trust me on this one man. Its worked several times; always with great results.

Teddy Bear. A nice, quality, good sized teddy bear.

And I picked out just the one!

Good sized AND gives hugs.

bear03_00f.jpg

Dec 5, 2005 at 4:26 AM Post #15 of 70
I'd go dinner, some little thing (Teddy Bear isn't a bad call) and a nicely done home-made card (You hack photoshop or GIMP, don't you?
smily_headphones1.gif
)

For the card find a picture of her favorite place... or maybe a picture of the two of you together... Something sentimental like that and slap it on the cover. Or find a picture that relates to a conversation you've had (shows that you've been paying attention... Learn young Padawan!). Inside a rather dorky saying (something that you'd be embaraced if your buddies read) and a bit of well wishing. Or go all spiritual on this situation and get down with some wisdom from Confucious (sp?) or maybe a little Tao. Hallmark has taught us that other people's fervently held beliefs are fair game for sappy sentimentality!

How about a mix CD of love songs too? It's stupid but it works... Oh does it work.

Or if you are lucky enough to be with someone who would see that all that was meaningless tripe (congrats!), plan on doing something with her that you know she will enjoy... A trip hiking maybe? Mediation? Your call, can't help you.

Edit: Wa-Hoo 1400! I'm coming for you Jahn! I'm coming!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back