What to get her for christmas! help
Dec 21, 2005 at 4:33 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 20

Rhydon

MOT: Symphones
Guys, i need to buy my girlfriend a gift for christmas and i cant seem to find the right thing! Im running out of time, so i turn to you for ideas. We've been going out for about 2 months now and this is what ive gathered:

I want to get her something unique, no electronics, no ipods or headphones (she has my RS-1's and wont give em back right now). She likes books, but i dont want to get her JUST a book.

Shes a big fan of Tim Burton, Anthony Burgess (guy who wrote Clockwork Orange), she loves Philosophy (fav. philosopher is Nietzsche), Likes "Heart of Darkness"- Apocolypse now....

What i dont want to get her: Movies (she sells movies), Jewlery or Perfume (too generic).

IDEAS!?

Dec 21, 2005 at 4:36 PM Post #2 of 20
Jewlery may seem generic .... but they can never have enough.
icon10.gif

Dec 21, 2005 at 4:45 PM Post #3 of 20
Earl, you think so? Its just its only been 2 months er so. Also, shes picky with her jewlery, and im not too sure if that would be a "super appreciated gift"... i dont think shes that type.

I want to spend under 200$ish.

Thanks for the idea tho Earl, im gonna take a look at some today just in case.

Dec 21, 2005 at 4:48 PM Post #4 of 20
How close are you guys?

Dec 21, 2005 at 4:48 PM Post #5 of 20
2 months in I would personally stay away from jewelery. Another thought is a day at a spa. A day for herself to relax and be pampered.

Dec 21, 2005 at 5:06 PM Post #6 of 20
The one gift idea I don't like is jewelry.
tongue.gif
Don't get me wrong, jewelry is great, but when it comes to the major holidays, buy me the good stuff (electronics, books, movies, etc)!

I'd say go for some really nice set of books. I don't have any specific suggestions, though. I know I've had my eye on this amazing Sherlock Holmes box set (one of my weaknesses) for a long time. Now I just need someone to buy it for me.
wink.gif

Dec 21, 2005 at 5:14 PM Post #7 of 20
A stuffed animal perhaps? A gift certificate to the local spa or whatnot sounds great too.

Dec 21, 2005 at 5:16 PM Post #8 of 20
Yeah, i agree with the jewlery. I want to stay away from the generic gifts.

A day at the spa is a great idea. Maybe i will get her a nice book and gift certificate to the Spa.

Dec 21, 2005 at 6:27 PM Post #9 of 20
Well what does she like exactly? For all you know something generic might be something she loves.

Dec 21, 2005 at 8:10 PM Post #10 of 20
Well, shes like myself. Doesnt REALLY not like anything in particular, very open, but at the same time, has deep interests in certain things. She enjoys philosophy, anything tim burton, good books, music, cloths, the usual.

I bought her a rare book by Anthony Burgess, its signed and from a first edition print. Im thinking of also getting her a Spa gift certificate, but im going to TO to look on queen st. for anything else.

Dec 21, 2005 at 9:22 PM Post #12 of 20
A Trogdor uh...banana sock. Technically it's a knitted cover for a certain banana-shaped adult toy and it's available on ebay.
biggrin.gif

Serious answer? Probably concert tickets or the spa thing. I'm not the best person to ask considering that I got adult toys for my GF last christmas.

Dec 21, 2005 at 9:26 PM Post #13 of 20
Wow.. every day I come to this forum and leave traumatized..
Ah the drawbacks of knowledge

Dec 22, 2005 at 1:00 AM Post #15 of 20
That's hilarious. Rather like luminous condoms, no-one's going to take you seriously after that.

I echo the Spa day, although I'd suggest really splashing out on the day at somewhere very well known in your area or a very reputable chain, because I've bought a lot of activity days for men & women, and going for the cheap options nearly always results in an unsatisfactory affair... the problem is of course you don't always hear about any bad experiences from the giftee.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back