What to do?
Aug 16, 2011 at 10:28 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

ssavage

500+ Head-Fier
     So there's this girl I've been liking for awhile now and we've been friends for awhile. I kinda really like this girl and I wanna be more than friends. 
We text a lot and I saw her yesterday. After I saw her yesterday we were texting and she asked me if I liked her and I said yes (No point in lying) and she seemed to like the fact that I said yes. Then I asked her that question back to which she also replied yes. Everything was going right and it we ended the morning on a good note around 4 (she couldnt sleep and I usually sleep at 6 ). 
     Today I asked her who she liked(jokingly) and she said she wouldnt tell me. When I asked why she said she had reasons which were that she was unsure of her feelings. We talked for quite a while and I got the sense that she didnt really like me. I asked her if I was wasting my time and she said she 'needed time' to see how she felt of me. I really do like her and want to be more than friends but should I keep on trying? I dont wanna waste my time (she said no to the question of if i was wasting my time) but I do like her a lot and I'm kind of falling. "time is the key" is what she said but I just dont know what to do now.

Any thoughts?

Aug 17, 2011 at 1:57 AM Post #2 of 3
Take the advice of war stricken Britain; Keep Calm and Carry On. Don't present her with an alternation, she knows you like her, let things flow naturally. If she's just a friend she shouldn't get upset if she see's you talking too other girls, this might prompt her to develop your relationship, it also might open your mind to all the other fish in the sea. The worst way to go about it, which I learned the hard way in school, was to ask if they like you, and prompt to hang out romantically. Girls need want wooing, not questioning.

Good luck!

Aug 17, 2011 at 3:36 AM Post #3 of 3
Friend Zoned!

Friends turning into lovers is mostly Hollywood fantasy. In the wild, it comes across as creepy.

My guess is that she knew all along you were into her and afraid to say something. If she had felt the same way, she would have moved the relationship along some time ago.

If you want to find out if she is interested, start dating someone else. You can also start leaning on her to set you up with one of her friends. She'll either let you go or snag you. Most likely let you go, since she hasn't pulled you into a relationship yet. Sorry.

Also, don't get hung up on her. You don't want to be in a relationship with someone who isn't into you. Pursuit won't change anything. It'll turn you into a creep.

I'd start looking around for someone who wants to date you. Someone is out there. If a woman wants you and you show some interest, you'll be her boyfriend before you even know what happened. That's what you want.

No need to be rude to your friend, but no need to give her undivided attention when you could be dating someone who will appreciate it a lot more.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back