What to do with busted E3C's?
Jan 12, 2010 at 12:57 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 12

ajmitchell77

New Head-Fier
I am a complete newbie, and novice to this forum.

I picked up a pair of TF10 off ebay after the amazon.com deal. Been enjoying them, but like most folks, fit has been a big issue. I have also been reading the UM and Fisher remold threads and thinking about remolding.

In the process of comparing my E3C's and new TF10's, I busted the tip off the nozzle of the E3C's. Are they worth remolding? Also, would the driver play nice with the TF10 and be useful as a quad remold?

My main goal is to use the customs for music 60% of the time, and live with my guitar and voice in a band 40%. I have been using my universal UM1's for quite some time now without a complaint as my primary IEM for gigs, and would keep them as backup.

Thanks for the input!

Jan 12, 2010 at 1:21 AM Post #4 of 12
OP's E3c is broken..

The same thing happened to my first set of E3c back in the day. Snapped off the nozzle when changing tips. Shure replaced them for me and I sold the new E3c and upgraded to a SF5 Pro. Huge improvement. Then the SF5 Pro broke (twice) and got replaced by UE, and I upgraded to the TF10. Huge improvement again. Now my TF10 are off for a custom shell.
smily_headphones1.gif

Jan 12, 2010 at 11:53 AM Post #8 of 12
If it is out of warranty, you can put it on the sale forum for a low price, maybe someone will want to get it from you to do some experiment of their own. BTW some Shure has 2 years warranty, so you should check first.

Jan 12, 2010 at 12:58 PM Post #10 of 12
It's actually a common problem with the E3C's I think. Problem is that they're most likely out of warranty since they're a discontinued model for over 2 years I think.
Definitely worth checking into though!

Jan 12, 2010 at 6:52 PM Post #11 of 12
Actually E3c is still in production, but it is referred to as SCL3 now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back