What to do with $60 from Amazon?
Feb 5, 2008 at 3:06 AM Post #3 of 18
Give it to me
smily_headphones1.gif

Feb 5, 2008 at 5:35 AM Post #4 of 18
Quote:

Originally Posted by HiGHFLYiN9 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'd concentrate on CDs or possibly videogames as Amazons prices on DVDs and headphones are usually a little higher than their competitors.

Headphones I agree, but DVDs? What competitors are we talking about? They beat the heck out of Barnes & Noble and Best Buy, that's for sure.

Feb 5, 2008 at 5:51 AM Post #7 of 18
I wrote a tool some time ago that allows you to pick items from a wishlist to fit within a specific budget. The bookmarklet does not work right now due to changes on Amazon's site, but if you copy and paste the wishlist ID, it should still work.

Here is an example on my own wishlist, it managed to find an exact fit for $60: Amazon wishlist optimizer

Feb 5, 2008 at 4:00 PM Post #8 of 18
Quote:

Originally Posted by Arainach /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Headphones I agree, but DVDs? What competitors are we talking about? They beat the heck out of Barnes & Noble and Best Buy, that's for sure.

Smaller places like Deep Discount usually are less expensive. Just to take an example from the front page, Stargate SG-1 Season 10 is 17.45 at Deep Discount and 34.99 at Amazon. I've also found that even Best Buy is significantly cheaper in some cases.

Feb 5, 2008 at 4:24 PM Post #9 of 18
I'd start with books. Maybe Jon Ronson's Them: Adventures with Extremists and The Men Who Stare at Goats or last years The Rest in Noise: Listening to the 20th Century. That would take care of half. Then take a look at one of the Eclipse Series from Criterion DVD collections for the other half (most 30% off).
Eclipse Series 4 - Raymond Bernard (Wooden Crosses / Les Miserables [1934])
Eclipse Series 5 - The First Films of Samuel Fuller (The Baron of Arizona / I Shot Jesse James / The Steel Helmet)
Eclipse Series 6 - Carlos Saura's Flamenco Trilogy (Blood Wedding / Carmen / El Amor Brujo)
Eclipse Series 7 - Postwar Kurosawa (No Regrets for Our Youth, One Wonderful Sunday, Scandal, The Idiot, I Live in Fear) - more expensive than the others and not on sale.
Eclipse Series 8 - Lubitsch Musicals (The Love Parade / The Smiling Lieutenant / One Hour with You / Monte Carlo)
Eclipse Series - The Delirious Fictions of William Klein

Users who are viewing this thread

Back