What to do in OK City
Mar 21, 2007 at 7:11 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 13

mobayrasta

100+ Head-Fier
The US Govt. has decided I need to spend a month in Oklahoma City. I will be staying at the Courtyard Marriot about 2 blocks from Bricktown. Bricktown is the only thing I know obout OK. City. I like to party so it will be fun stumbling home I am sure.

What else is there to do in OK city? Are there any hi-fi stores downtown?

Anybody in the area want to hear my 2500's? I will be bringing the 2500's and the SOHA.

Mar 21, 2007 at 10:33 PM Post #3 of 13
You must absolutely go to Tulsa!! T town is beautiful. I lived in Tulsa for 4 years and really think alot of this little town. I am sure OKC is fabulous as well. There should be some kind of Jazz scene in OKC? There is a Jazz festival in Tulsa and I think it is in the Spring. I think it is called the Greenwood Jazz festival.

If you are into it, the Tall Grass Prairie is a great place to see.

Mar 24, 2007 at 1:31 PM Post #10 of 13
You can spend plenty of time every evening looking for the perfect hat and boots at the numerous stores selling Western ware. I travel for work and spend around 2 months in each place I visit. I spend a good amount of time looking for vinyl deals and local non chain restaurants.

Mar 24, 2007 at 3:52 PM Post #11 of 13
Quote:

Originally Posted by pheonix991 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Yeah, there is nothing to do there but eat....

I guess if you don't want to try. Bricktown is a-lot of fun. If you like art, check out the Paseo district near the capital or the new Modern art Museum. If you like sports, check out a Hornet's game. There's also the Oklahoma Redhawks AAA team at Bricktown ball park - a nice place to watch a game.

Of course, if you feel like brushing up on Native American history, you'll be in the right place.

Whatever you do, make sure to chat with others. Oklahomans are a friendly, down to earth people.

Mar 24, 2007 at 4:55 PM Post #12 of 13
Thanks for all the replies.

When I leave OK City I am heading to New Orleans for a week. The Big Easy is my home away from home. From Bicktown to Burbon Street with a few steaks in the middle of it all..... maybe not gonna be that bad of a trip.
eggosmile.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back