What to do about the Sennheiser troll?
Mar 23, 2017 at 7:01 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 20

inthere

Headphoneus Supremus
There's a guy that has been banned several dozen times over the years, and he just keeps coming back..........

Same pattern every time; he trashes whatever headphone he feels threatens the HD650, then tells everyone the HD650 is better, basically perfect. Every positive comment about a different headphone, he shoots it down. He's very knowledgeable about headphones which makes me think he *may* be a Sennheiser employee except........

He usually loses his temper and starts insulting people, and that's when he gets banned. If he works for Sennheiser it may be in an engineering/tech capacity because a PR guy would surely be fired by now for his antics.

This time however, it seems he's gotten smarter and he's holding back the insults. He even says one or two nice things about the headphones, of course, accompanying those 2 nice things are 3 or more crushing defects.

Anyway, I'm tired of this guy because he's really annoying. Any tips on what to do about him?

Mar 23, 2017 at 7:15 AM Post #2 of 20
Don't feed the troll...?
tongue_smile.gif
 I don't know who you are referring to, but starting a thread about the guy is only spreading his infamy and stoking his fire as far as I can see.

Mar 23, 2017 at 8:26 AM Post #4 of 20
it's a famous case of:
My milk shake brings all the boys to the yard,
And they're like,
Its better than yours,
Damn right its better than yours,
I can teach you,
But I have to charge

whoever you're talking about probably sexually identifies as a hd650 and gets offended by critics.

seriously, we often forget that we're not the stuff we own, and many people are really touchy about it. I'm "blessed" with the gift of grumpiness so I criticize even the stuff I own and love. but not everybody is as lucky as I am.
tongue.gif

Mar 23, 2017 at 8:42 AM Post #5 of 20
  Don't feed the troll...?
tongue_smile.gif
 I don't know who you are referring to, but starting a thread about the guy is only spreading his infamy and stoking his fire as far as I can see.

​Well, don't know how infamous he'll get because every time he's banned he's forced to change his name. But maybe a little infamy is not a bad thing, maybe with a spotlight on him people will know what's going on faster, instead of him taking over 20 pages of a thread insulting a headphone and pushing the HD650.

Mar 23, 2017 at 9:13 AM Post #6 of 20
You can always block the troll
If you put your mouse pointer over his avatar name you will find the bottom option is to block his posts from being seen by you.
Exercise the option

You can always flag his posts and give your reason.  If the mods agree, he'll be banned again.
Keep doing it every time you see one of his posts, and hopefully he'll tire of the game.

Mar 23, 2017 at 11:02 PM Post #7 of 20
I know exactly who you're talking about.
ph34r.gif

You could ignore him...or attempt a constructive conversation and inquire as to what he feels is better about it compared to other headphones, in specific detail.

Mar 24, 2017 at 11:07 AM Post #8 of 20
  I know exactly who you're talking about.
ph34r.gif

You could ignore him...or attempt a constructive conversation and inquire as to what he feels is better about it compared to other headphones, in specific detail.

​Oh man, he always has specific details and graphs too. Ignoring him doesn't help because he's trashing tons of headphones and it's annoying. I mean, Mr. Speakers, Audeze, and he's really been jumping all over Denon lately-it doesn't matter. Whatever headphone he feels is FOTM HD650 competitor he's there and talking about how the HD650 is superior.

Now I understand someone disliking a headphone because we all have different  preferences-that's perfectly fine.

But this guy is attacking dozens of them.

I picked it up because as you probably know I have 40+ headphones and I frequent a lot of threads.

Mar 24, 2017 at 12:59 PM Post #9 of 20
  ​Oh man, he always has specific details and graphs too. Ignoring him doesn't help because he's trashing tons of headphones and it's annoying. I mean, Mr. Speakers, Audeze, and he's really been jumping all over Denon lately-it doesn't matter. Whatever headphone he feels is FOTM HD650 competitor he's there and talking about how the HD650 is superior.

Now I understand someone disliking a headphone because we all have different  preferences-that's perfectly fine.

But this guy is attacking dozens of them.

I picked it up because as you probably know I have 40+ headphones and I frequent a lot of threads.

I got a kick out of the time he said it was better than the STAX SR-009, would be better than its successor too, and will always be the best headphone evarrr.
jecklinsmile.gif

If we're talking about the same person, this is the guy who also always says the O2 is the best amp for the HD 650.

We all have headphones we're passionate about. I, for example, like electrostats so much that it may appear like I'm trolling when I talk about how I think they beat all other headphone technologies for me regardless of price...but from my perspective, I'm just sharing my experiences.

But obviously this guy (whoever he really is) is taking that passion to a level of abuse and just trying to cause a ruckus.

Still, if he actually did listen to the other headphones, I'm curious to see those details on why he likes them less. I happen to like the HD 650 more than a number of more expensive headphones myself, but it's more a matter of it having less weaknesses than it having more strengths.

Mar 24, 2017 at 9:16 PM Post #10 of 20
Quote:Out-there
 Whatever headphone he feels is FOTM HD650 competitor he's there and talking about how the HD650 is superior.

WHAT,      you mean.......     the HD650 isn't..........       
blink.gif

mad.gif

frown.gif

triportsad.gif

confused_face(1).gif

confused_face.gif

ph34r.gif

Mar 25, 2017 at 1:55 AM Post #12 of 20
  You can always block the troll
If you put your mouse pointer over his avatar name you will find the bottom option is to block his posts from being seen by you.
Exercise the option

You can always flag his posts and give your reason.  If the mods agree, he'll be banned again.
Keep doing it every time you see one of his posts, and hopefully he'll tire of the game.

This is a reasonable move, I think. Just block him and be done with it. Has its appeal. You can just forget about him.

Mar 25, 2017 at 7:40 AM Post #13 of 20
Originally Posted by serman005 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

This is a reasonable move, I think. Just block him and be done with it. Has its appeal. You can just forget about him.

If it was just me I'd have blocked him long ago. But I think he's actually affecting sales of some really good headphones. When I see someone interested in buying a set of cans and he pops in with his distorted "opinion" of it, then two posts later he says he's gone, I think that affects Head-Fi negatively.

Should I care? Probably not. But I do.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back