What to choose USB Module 24/96 Violectric, or Musical Fidelity V Dac 2?
May 8, 2012 at 8:21 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

Blackcircle

New Head-Fier
Hello, I own a 200 with its V Violectric Opto Dac, I wanted to buy a DAC but was undecided between Violectric USB module, or a V-Dac 2 what is better between the two.
The headphones are cabalate HD600 Cardas.
Thanks to all!

May 8, 2012 at 9:36 PM Post #2 of 7
Quote:
Hello, I own a 200 with its V Violectric Opto Dac, I wanted to buy a DAC but was undecided between Violectric USB module, or a V-Dac 2 what is better between the two.
The headphones are cabalate HD600 Cardas.
Thanks to all!

Not a direct answer but if you do decide to go the MF VDac11 it's a must that you use a regulated psu (Pyramid PS-3KX amazon for example). Huge improvement in every way.

May 9, 2012 at 7:56 AM Post #3 of 7
Thank you the answer, but I have to connect the power supply to V DAC and then to 220 Volts?
So I recommend the VDAC 2 with respect to Form DAC 24/96 usb Violectric?
Thanks again so much!

May 9, 2012 at 4:40 PM Post #4 of 7
Quote:
Thank you the answer, but I have to connect the power supply to V DAC and then to 220 Volts?
So I recommend the VDAC 2 with respect to Form DAC 24/96 usb Violectric?
Thanks again so much!

Yes, you cut the end off the factory wall wart power supply, connect to the output terminals on the new PSU, then you're good to go.
Makes a huge difference to the audio qualities on the MF dac.
I cannot give you a direct comparison of the Violectric and the MF Dac but can say that I am very pleased with the MF so far. My advice was that if you do choose the MF dac then it's a must that you use a regulated psu.

May 10, 2012 at 7:46 AM Post #5 of 7
Hello,Thank you very much for the answer, but it's too complicated, and Nonn would cut a cord of a new and under warranty.
Is not for me is a Plug & Play Men! :wink:))))
In the meantime will use my V200 with its Opto module, then when I have some money I will buy the V800, otherwise I'll see ...
Bye!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back