What to call uh...the Singlepower Dragon
Feb 7, 2007 at 9:50 PM Post #16 of 29
Double Dragon with this font would be pretty sweet.

dd-logo.jpg

Feb 7, 2007 at 11:06 PM Post #18 of 29
Quote:

Originally Posted by bhd812 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
My suggestion...

"the Single power Komodo"

((double gain stage= the Komodo's double topped tongue))

(( tube rolling like no tomorrow, rare for such a amp to be so unverisal = the Komodo is rare for a lizard eating meat...meat is what they seek and hunt, tubes are the Komodo's meat.))

((unlike its other brother/sister amps in the family the Komodo is narrow right to left and long front to back = Komodo grows to 7.5feet long and just a foot or more left to right.))

I can honestly come up with more of these...
oh and If SP uses the Komodo as a name I will take an amp for cost (parts)...

Impressive creativity!
smily_headphones1.gif

I also thought of the dragon's (komodo's) forked tongue with its association to the two gain stages. I think the owner really came up with a nice, punchy and describing name there.

EDIT. BTW. Note that Singlepower has not officially named this amp.
wink.gif
AFAIC, we just discuss a name out of enthusiasm of the the SP amps in general.
smily_headphones1.gif

Feb 7, 2007 at 11:09 PM Post #19 of 29
Ok, but I do not think "dragon" goes well with singlepower amps, sorry. The asiatic/bruce-lee connotations are very strong an do not relate with singlepower amps at all. Singlepower Gemini?

Feb 8, 2007 at 4:10 AM Post #20 of 29
Quote:

Originally Posted by carlosgp /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Ok, but I do not think "dragon" goes well with singlepower amps, sorry. The asiatic/bruce-lee connotations are very strong an do not relate with singlepower amps at all. Singlepower Gemini?

Glod folded my suggestion of Janus into one of the poll options, but I think it does not go with Dragon and agree with you Carlos that Dragon is not the most consistent with SP's image or persona. Of course, the owner of the amp came up with the Dragon name, I believe, so he can call it whatever he likes!
evil_smiley.gif

I would say something like SinglePower Janus SE sounds relatively short and sweet and recognizes the two faces of this amp.

Feb 8, 2007 at 6:23 AM Post #23 of 29
Okay what about Dragoon (in keeping with a name similar to the owner's preference but leaning away from the Eastern influence). Solid and beefy and smoothly murderous like a Singlepower.

Dragoon.jpg

Feb 8, 2007 at 7:05 AM Post #27 of 29
Lol, didn't even think of that reference! Hrmm ok back to the drawing board:

Singlepower Voodoo Dragon Breath
Singlepower Dragon Fire
Singlepower Firestorm
Singlepower Tornado
Singlepower Earthshaker
Singlepower Reactor

Feb 8, 2007 at 9:54 AM Post #28 of 29
This is fun! If I ever order a custom Singlepower amp, I will definitely ask the forum for a suitable name!

The owner of "the Dragon" has already made a choice. Perhaps he gets inspired by this poll and all this creativity and alters it. If not - well - for him at least, it will always be "the Dragon".

The poll will end mid next week. The winning name will be mentioned in the list. Regardless of the outcome, the name "Dragon" will have a prominent place in the description, just like has been mentioned before.

Feb 19, 2007 at 12:18 PM Post #29 of 29
The poll is closed, and I think it is only fair to recognize the Dragon as the winner of the whole discussion.

The Dragon it is.

It appears the owner found a popular name, or, people are just of the opinion I should not interfere with what name he chooses for his amp.
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back