What to buy IN CHINA???
Mar 25, 2010 at 4:07 AM Post #16 of 21
Quote:

Originally Posted by henryhan /img/forum/go_quote.gif
She is in Chongqing right now, probably will be going to beijing and/or Shanghai as well

So, if I were to buy something, shipping would be a lot cheaper?? But the voltage would indeed be different...

I am quite interested if you find out the place for Darkvoice amps...would love to get a 336
smily_headphones1.gif

Anyways thanks for the responses guys, hope I can take advantage of at least something

I think darkvoice is based in chengdu which is in the same province as chongqing. They're both big cities and travel in between the two should be pretty easy.

Mar 25, 2010 at 4:20 AM Post #17 of 21
CMIIW, Cary Audio products are made in China, they have another brand for domestic market in china which is more or less the same spec as the export counterpart. Definitely cheaper and should be a good buy

Mar 25, 2010 at 4:24 AM Post #18 of 21
A few tips if you shop in china.

What happens in those big electronic malls in china is that you need to find the main dealer, you will find a lot of people carrying the same iten but in reality they are just reselling and most of the time they just tell you to wait and get your product from the "warehouse" (yeah right).

Takes some time and it may take few visits. I think is possible to get a price at around 40% off the USA prices at least that is what you should aim for although may take some time out of your trip and some haggle here and there. For 1 thing is that when i shopped in shanghai none of the stuff they were selling had a price tag LOL

Mar 25, 2010 at 4:28 AM Post #19 of 21
wow ok thanks guys, I will look into all of this. And yea, I am very wary about fakes and counterfeits, so I figure the best thing is to find their main dealer, since I don't think buying from a reseller would warrant any price "reduction" off the item. The discount numbers you guys are giving me sure are enticing, and without a shipping fee, I hope this could work out!!

I welcome any/all comments on this matter!! Cheers~

Mar 26, 2010 at 9:51 AM Post #20 of 21
Mar 26, 2010 at 6:49 PM Post #21 of 21
It's tough to guess specifically which brands you will find cheaper in China. As a general rule of the market place that I've seen, for stuff that you can also get elsewhere, unless it is a really large item with expensive shipping, prices will be similar in China. Similar as in perhaps 10% or less in price difference.

However, for items that are not actively marketed by the manufacturer into foreign markets, it can be much cheaper to buy in China, such as Teclast/Ramos. You also get the benefit of being able to test out the item at the point of sale and get any problems taken care of.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back