What to buy in Bangkok!!!
Nov 20, 2008 at 2:02 PM Post #16 of 27
Quote:

Originally Posted by ssuh /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hi, I'm heading to Bangkok for my honeymoon. Aside from the obvious activities, .....

Spilling the beans
biggrin.gif
?

Nov 20, 2008 at 2:18 PM Post #17 of 27
Quote:

Originally Posted by anadin /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Going to Bangkok on your honeymoon is a recipe for disaster.

He'll be fine. He's already bought what he wants. What you're talking about is a rental deal.

Nov 20, 2008 at 4:07 PM Post #18 of 27
Quote:

Originally Posted by Wmcmanus /img/forum/go_quote.gif
He'll be fine. He's already bought what he wants. What you're talking about is a rental deal.

lol! Maybe a timeshare.

Nov 20, 2008 at 6:31 PM Post #19 of 27
Go to Siam Paragon, there are some
Hi-End audio gear shops (extemely pricey IMO) and at the same floor , you will find Grado , Sennheiser ,Etymotic ,and Westone dealer.
I think you could probably spend a day there cuz a lot of food , a lot of things to shopping.Most of them are expensive though.

Mar 11, 2009 at 12:42 AM Post #21 of 27
Quote:

Originally Posted by Happy Camper /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Seeing Bangkok and honeymoon in the same sentence looks foreign to an old swab. Congrats and enjoy.

Well, you Bangkok on honeymoon. :p

Mar 11, 2009 at 6:49 AM Post #23 of 27
Well most guys usually head there without the wifey :p

Enjoy the honeymoon is all
smily_headphones1.gif
No worthy audiophile stuff to be had...

Mar 11, 2009 at 7:14 AM Post #24 of 27
Well , as a EU member ( Belgium ) prices in Thailand are sometimes very good and sometimes very bad . Grado is cheap in Thailand compared to the EU prices . Check the websites allready mentioned and you will see that a SR225 will come at about 7500baht or
around 170 euro . In EU the SR225 will set you back 50 to 75 euro more . It is more expensive then in US but a good deal if you are in Thailand ( which i am and i will go for a listening and more then possible buying session :wink:) .

Mar 11, 2009 at 9:02 AM Post #25 of 27
Well one thing I liked to buy in Bangkok was fresh mandarin juices sold on the streets and Tuck tuck cars.Certainly should be bargained about the prices lol Enjoy your honeymoon!

Mar 11, 2009 at 10:34 AM Post #26 of 27
I expect to be in Bangkok, Pattaya, and Phuket in August, and aside from the "usual" good stuff, I suppose I will find time to see if there are also any audio treasures to be found there.

Then, on to Manila in September, before going back to either Phuket or Pattaya, for October.

Surely, I will have to find some kind of audio goodies in one of these places, and will duly report it here if I do.
biggrin.gif
evil_smiley.gif
wink_face.gif

Mar 11, 2009 at 11:19 AM Post #27 of 27
Quote:

Originally Posted by silverrain /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I expect to be in Bangkok, Pattaya, and Phuket in August, and aside from the "usual" good stuff, I suppose I will find time to see if there are also any audio treasures to be found there.

Then, on to Manila in September, before going back to either Phuket or Pattaya, for October.

Surely, I will have to find some kind of audio goodies in one of these places, and will duly report it here if I do.
biggrin.gif
evil_smiley.gif
wink_face.gif

In BKK there are certainly some audio treasures to find . Pattaya never saw something even close to high Q audio ... just standard stuff , even very difficult to find that . Phuket , well i doubt it also because it is an island . If there is it will be much more expensive . For shopping , BKK is the place to be . If you want cheap crappy stuff , all over Thailand will do , the more up North the cheaper .
Manila ... never been so don't have a clue .
If you stopover in Singapore it will be better then Bangkok but otherwise , Bkk will do perfectly .

Users who are viewing this thread

Back