What sort of fortune might one make if they combined the K701 with the HD 650?
May 14, 2007 at 4:49 AM Post #47 of 64
Quote:

Originally Posted by Morph201 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Wow, you don't know how to build a rig, but you sure can make a mean samich! Good'job!
wink.gif
600smile.gif

Oh look, everyone's favorite know-it-all loud mouth who doesn't know when to shut up is back.

May 14, 2007 at 4:49 AM Post #48 of 64
Quote:

Originally Posted by Sieg9198 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
In short, u want a perfectly balanced headphone in the highs, mids, and bass. But with a slight emphasis in the bass. Is it??

YES!!!

May 14, 2007 at 4:52 AM Post #49 of 64
Quote:

Originally Posted by jtizzle /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Oh look, everyone's favorite know-it-all loud mouth who doesn't know when to shut up is back.

Is that any way to talk to someone who's trying to be helpful? I'm just looking for the same thing you are... decent cans..well, I'm pretty satisfied with my current cans, but... anyway, no need to rude.

May 14, 2007 at 4:55 AM Post #50 of 64
Quote:

Originally Posted by Sovkiller /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Try it balanced, and most of those problems will be corrected, the Senns drivers are really slow, and the diaphragms are really thick, they use indeed an old technology using thick mylar drivers, similar to the one used in the HD600 which is quite old now....The balanced topology helps a lot in speeding the drivers, to the point of making them fast enough to get rid of those roll offs...

makes sense....but would it be a match for your ultrasone ed 9 Sovkiller?
wink.gif
... now if only my wallet can allow me to experiment a little....
biggrin.gif

May 14, 2007 at 4:57 AM Post #51 of 64
Quote:

Is that any way to talk to someone who's trying to be helpful? I'm just looking for the same thing you are... decent cans..well, I'm pretty satisfied with my current cans, but... anyway, no need to rude.

It's the way to talk to an impertinent, disrespectful child who thinks he knows everything, not the way you would talk to a person who is trying to be helpful.

If you don't like being talked to like that, quit talking.

May 14, 2007 at 5:00 AM Post #52 of 64
Quote:

It's the way to talk to an impertinent, disrespectful child who thinks he knows everything, not the way you would talk to a person who is trying to be helpful.

If you don't like being talked to like that, quit talking.

Wow, that was cold... *sniffle*.... You're not exhibiting head-fi spirit!
mad.gif

May 14, 2007 at 5:10 AM Post #53 of 64
You mean I didn't officiously barge into your thread like a knows-everything big shot and call your system a POS (before I even knew what it was), tell you that you didn't know what you were talking about when you qualified it as your opinion, and then when called on it act like a complete jackass for my next 10 posts?

Is that the head-fi spirit you were talking about, dorf101?

Thanks for bringing it to my attention. I'll have to work on that.

May 14, 2007 at 6:12 AM Post #54 of 64
Quote:

Wow, that was cold... *sniffle*.... You're not exhibiting head-fi spirit!
mad.gif

No disrespect is meant as everybody is welcomed here, but seriously, how old are you?

May 14, 2007 at 9:00 AM Post #55 of 64
Quote:

The recipe for egg salad is as follows:

6 eggs, hard boiled
3 tablespoons mayonnaise
1 1/2 teaspoons Colman's mustard powder
1 1/2 teaspoon rice, white wine vinegar, or cider vinegar
1/4 teaspoon salt
1-2 stalks celery -- minced
2 tablespoons chopped dill pickles
Pepper to taste
Paprika for garnish

Damn tasty when properly driven on thick white bread.
icon10.gif

Damn it! just did the shopping and forgot the colman's mustard powder
mad.gif
been salivating for this sandwich for the last day.

May 14, 2007 at 12:23 PM Post #56 of 64
Quote:

Originally Posted by Sovkiller /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Try it balanced, and most of those problems will be corrected, the Senns drivers are really slow, and the diapragms are really thick, they use indeed an old technology using thick mylar drivers, similar to the one used in the HD600 which is quite old now....The balanced topology helps a lot in speeding the drivers, to the point of making them fast enough to get rid of those roll offs...

If you only knew what you're talking about...

Drivers are not "slow" or "fast", it's a passive device, LOL. They will require more or less voltage and current to achieve the same "speed". The balanced 'hype' associated with HD600/650 probably come from the use of low power preamp tubes and very poor damping factor ( hence the comment about bloated bass etc...). I can tell you that with a good 300B tube you have enough power to send those poor tiny drivers flying across the room.

Senns drivers are not made with Mylar, it's Polypropylene and it's not that old compared to the use of paper for so many years in traditional speaker's drivers.
BTW most of the actual dynamic drivers (headphones) must use Polypropylene, Mylar is for electrostat.

May 14, 2007 at 12:23 PM Post #57 of 64
well I cant recommend one headphone that does everything perfect to you(does it even exist??) jtizzle, but I would like to ask u something, I looking for that same kind of sound too, among the beyer 990, senns 650 and AKG 701. Which one do u think does the best(closest to the sound u want)?

May 14, 2007 at 12:57 PM Post #58 of 64
Quote:

You mean I didn't officiously barge into your thread like a knows-everything big shot and call your system a POS (before I even knew what it was), tell you that you didn't know what you were talking about when you qualified it as your opinion, and then when called on it act like a complete jackass for my next 10 posts?

Is that the head-fi spirit you were talking about, dorf101?

Thanks for bringing it to my attention. I'll have to work on that.

Ok, enough of this banter... I was being facetious, but it seems you need me to break it down for you:

1. Ok, name calling will get you nowhere, but looking like a jack@$$ yourself.

2. I NEVER called your system a POS, YOU DID that remember, your PMs Hi-Finthen (???)... I have NEVER called anyone's system a POS. Get it correct! "I am trying to build a decent headphone system on the cheap ..." - jtizzle. From one of YOUR previous posts, you must have skimped on something, not to say cheap rigs can't work (look at my sig: boostaroo amp, nonetheless)...

3. From the symptoms you described and LOOKING at your accurate sig, I merely suggested that you not be so quick to blame the phones, start with that Marantz 1060 and work your way back. Obviously there's something in your chain that's not in tip top shape.

4. Head-fi spirit is not taking it soooo personal when someone points out what the culprit may be, say thanks or whatever and move on.

5. No, I do not come off as a pretentious know it all BIG SHOT, maybe just to people with some kind of inferiority complex such as yourself. You, perhaps need MORE than audio advice, like a therapist, build your confidence up!
wink.gif

With that sir, I am done. Feel free to say whatever you want and have the last word, I'm done dignifying your existence with my responses. Have a good day!
eggosmile.gif

May 14, 2007 at 1:09 PM Post #59 of 64
Actually, according to Sennheiser:
The Sennheisers diaphragm is made of "duofol":
A two layer diaphragm consisting of polyurethane and polycarbonate.

May 14, 2007 at 1:50 PM Post #60 of 64
The ultimate fortune 500 headphone, IMHO:
Bass extension of 650's
Bass punch of Grados
Midrange and soundstage of 701's
Top-end extension of 880/990's

Users who are viewing this thread

Back