What song(s) make you stop what your doing to sing along?
Sep 27, 2009 at 2:50 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 29

Happy Camper

Headphoneus Supremus
I was having coffee, reading the music forum and listening to music. This is my time to review my life, business, spirit and take stock of recent events. Simon and Garfunkel's GH comes on random and starts playing. Half way through it, I'm still on the same thread and have done nothing but sing. The dogs are barking, the Ms is trying to ignore me by listening to the good Dr. on FOX News.

When a few songs come on, I have to stop whatever won't let me sing.

Do you have an album/CD or song(s) that you unabashedly sing with emotion when you hear it?

Sep 27, 2009 at 3:32 PM Post #2 of 29
That happens for me with "Fireworks" off Strawberry Jam by Animal Collective. As soon as it comes on I have no choice but to sing.

Sep 28, 2009 at 12:23 AM Post #3 of 29
The Jester Race - In Flames
Black - Pearl Jam
All I Need - Radiohead

I'm not sure if this counts, but I always whistle along with the part after the instrumental section in Reba by Phish.
tongue_smile.gif

Sep 28, 2009 at 1:35 AM Post #5 of 29
I sing along with pretty much every song assuming I know it.

Sep 28, 2009 at 2:04 AM Post #7 of 29
Come Together by The Beatles. Well for that matter anything by The Beatles.

Sep 28, 2009 at 2:07 AM Post #8 of 29
Anything that I can strongly relate to at the moment. Well, that and hopefully I know most of the lyrics already.
tongue.gif

Sep 28, 2009 at 2:16 AM Post #9 of 29
Quote:

Originally Posted by crazyjeeper /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I sing along with pretty much every song assuming I know it.

Heh - me too, especially in the car. And as long as no one else is around. I don't want to be charged with war crimes for torture.
tongue_smile.gif

A couple standouts come to mind:
The Clash - Spanish Bombs
REM - Losing My Religion
Pixies - Debaser
Elton John - Philadelphia Freedom

Sep 28, 2009 at 2:29 AM Post #10 of 29
I was in an obscenely 'buzzy', overpacked, overdrunk, deadly-serious bar off Aungier Street in Dublin about *3* years ago--I try to remember--and they were televising the big simultaneous concerts against world poverty, and the people partying on a Friday night, trying to do a good job of getting on with downing some jars, and talking the craic, and matching-up before last calls, were ignoring the celebrity guests pretty well. I was managing to stay oblivious for the most part too.

I was headed for the jacks for the empteenth time, when the newly re-congregated Pink Floyd got on stage an started into "Wish You were Here." I stopped and watched the screen because that's one of my favorite Floyd tunes. I kept my mouth shut, but I sang along in my head.

What stunned me though was that this pseudo-hip bar, which twenty seconds before had sounded like a combo of a stockyard and the Annual South Meath Jackass Festival, went quiet like it was Vespers at the Procathedral. It was dead-silent, but you could see everybody looking up at Waters and singing along.

Sep 28, 2009 at 4:29 AM Post #13 of 29
I'm proud to know a numerical majority of the School House Rock songs. I still subject freshmen comp students to impromptu performances of "Conjunction Junction."

Sep 28, 2009 at 5:13 AM Post #14 of 29
The Hokey Pokey and the chicken dance (hey, it's almost time for Oktoberfest) will get me on my feet and moving every time.

And, sometimes, the Macarena.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back