What song drops the deepest bass?
Feb 11, 2005 at 11:55 PM Post #61 of 249
Quote:

Originally Posted by HVK
I don't know which track (2nd I think) but the Chemical Brothers Surrender album has a bass line that sounds like a test signal from high tight then slowly down the scale to inaudible..then BOOM BOOM BOOM... It sounds like a plane flew from a distance and crashed into my house!!

I believe that track is called "Under the Influence" if my memory serves me right

Feb 12, 2005 at 12:07 AM Post #62 of 249
Quote:

Originally Posted by chrisczarra
I totally agree with Robert Miles Organik. I am listening to it right now. It's a really nice recording.

I will add (from the top of my head):

Lull-Cold Summer(First track has some deep bass tones)
Bill Laswell-Divination-Nice tight but deep bass lines in two of the tracks.
Scorn-Zander-I think track three has some low tone sweeps in the lower range that would test any speaker system.

That album was kind of a sleeper. I was still into progressive trance when it came out, and I only took 1 listen to it then. I dusted it off last summer, and it just absolutely blew me away.

Have you checked out the Miles - Trilok Gurtu joint project yet? It was released in early 2004, but I still haven't picked up a copy yet.

Apr 1, 2009 at 4:18 AM Post #63 of 249
the songs i turn to for the deepest bass are:

mudvayne- skrying (@ 3:27, best sub drop i have heard)
slowdive- in mind [reload remix [the 147 take]] (ridiculous beautiful deep bass)
a perfect circle- lullaby (mind numbing deep bass)
puscifer- mamma sed [tandemonium mix] (deep atmosphere)
dead can dance- indus and song of the stars (great tribal bass)
klf- the white room (more deep trance bass)
linkin park- track 5 off reanimation (rap rock deep bass)
NIN- reptile (i think it is nin's deepest bass)

and yes, i have all of massive attack's studio albums and many of them can be on this list too, but others have already named the notables.

i have studio monitors and a middle of the line elemental designs sub bass subwoofer.

remember, this is for deep bass, deepest is not loudest, just the most likely to make you have to take a dump with a great sound system.

Apr 1, 2009 at 4:40 AM Post #65 of 249
Quote:

Originally Posted by Earwax /img/forum/go_quote.gif
HD280s -- I used to wonder why people raved about the Telac recording of the 1812 Overture until I heard it on the 280s.
basshead.gif
Woah! So those ARE cannons, not just little pop-guns, after all!

Yeah, the 280's have amazing deep bass. They are a little light on upper-mid bass, but the low bass is ridiculous!

Apr 1, 2009 at 12:23 PM Post #67 of 249
Rapper's Ball - E-40, Too Short, and K-Ci. Deep slam for real.
Sideways - E-40 and B-Legit, they also have a song as The Click called "Wolf Tickets." Not to be missed by bassheads.

Apr 1, 2009 at 1:38 PM Post #68 of 249
For me, nothing can top a well-recorded organ CD. In this regard, the best I've ever heard is one that was passed around a few years ago but never was commercially available. It simply has the most perfect low bass I've ever heard.

Check some of these out:

Track 8:

soundhound8.jpg

Track 10:

soundhound10.jpg

Track 16:

soundhound16.jpg

From a website devoted to the now-defunct Atlantic City Convention Hall organ, which had real 64 foot pipes that did an honest 8hz (and could fake 128 foot resultant pipes and 4hz!), there's this little diddy. After about 11hz, I no longer felt the pressure waves, and only heard the air compressors and reeds flapping back and forth:

AtlCi64.jpg

Non-organ music goes deep, too. Anyone ever heard of bassist Yves Carbonne? He has a 12-string electric bass tuned down to 15.4hz. AND, he has free MP3s of it on his website. It's definitely an odd sensation hearing an electric string bass go so low -- according to a spectrumlab analysis, 20hz is the lowest he goes on the free MP3s.

Anyway, it's a fun test for your subs. Go here:

Yves Carbonne Official Web site

Download them all if you wish, but the two that plumb the depths are "Cherokee" and "Sub_bass_impro_3."

Clapton's "Unplugged" has some low frequency stuff mostly from the mics recording foot tapping on the raised wooden stage:

Here's "Before You Accuse Me," with energy bleeding into the high-20s

BeforeYouAcuseMeUnplugged.jpg

The low frequency of a venue in live recordings is easy to pick out. This is "Sleepwalk" by Hank Marvin from the Strat Pack DVD:

SleepwalkHankMarvin.jpg

And here's "No Quarter" from Zeppelin's 02 gig. Check out the synth bass at 32hz.

NoQuarterZep02.jpg

"Hotel California" from the Eagles' "Hell Freezes Over" has a nice kickdrum centered at 28hz:

HotelCali.jpg

Finally, no low bass list is complete without "Bass I Love You." Strong down to 5HZ!

bilufromfile.jpg

Download it here: Realm of Excursion and click on "downloads."

Apr 1, 2009 at 8:22 PM Post #70 of 249
Quote:

Originally Posted by Erik_C /img/forum/go_quote.gif
For me, nothing can top a well-recorded organ CD. In this regard, the best I've ever heard is one that was passed around a few years ago but never was commercially available. It simply has the most perfect low bass I've ever heard.

Do you mean the "Soundhound" organ CD?

I have a copy from the first round of copies directly from Mr. Soundhound
tongue.gif
It was at S&V forums where he offered this recording. If you go to S&V and search you will find much info about it.

I'll be checking out those links. Thanks.

Apr 1, 2009 at 9:23 PM Post #71 of 249
Quote:

Originally Posted by GreatDane /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Do you mean the "Soundhound" organ CD?

I have a copy from the first round of copies directly from Mr. Soundhound
tongue.gif
It was at S&V forums where he offered this recording. If you go to S&V and search you will find much info about it.

I'll be checking out those links. Thanks.

Yup, it's the Soundhound Organ CD1. CD2 is not quite as much fun, (more theatre-style organ), but also has good bass.

Apr 1, 2009 at 9:41 PM Post #73 of 249
AWESOME FOUR YEAR BUMP WITH ACCOMPANYING GIANT COLOUR SPECTROGRAPHIC IMAGES FOR GREAT JUSTICE!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jasper994 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Yeah, the 280's have amazing deep bass. They are a little light on upper-mid bass, but the low bass is ridiculous!

I could not fail to disagree with you less.

Apr 1, 2009 at 9:43 PM Post #74 of 249
"Why So Serious?" from The Dark Knight OST by Hans Zimmer / James Newton Howard.
At 03:27 there's like a LPF on the whole mix and the low end is just insane. Listening on headphones it feels like your head is being compressed to the point of imploding.

Apr 1, 2009 at 9:58 PM Post #75 of 249
Mr. Oizo - Analog Worms Attack
Ghislain Poirier ft. Face-T - Blazing (Modeselctor Remix)

Anything by Lustmord.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back