What song drops the deepest bass?
Jan 15, 2005 at 5:45 AM Post #31 of 249
Quote:

Originally Posted by DLeeWebb
I don't know if sonically it has the deepest bass, but the soundtrack to "Swordfish" [Paul Oakenfold] destroyed the woofers in my Audi A4. They had to be replaced. I was playing the disc at a volume that was at the same setting as it had been for many other discs. I replaced the speakers and sold the disc...
rolleyes.gif

That was probably the amp crapping out and pushing DC offset into the drivers. >.>;

Unless your normal listening volume is really loud...

Jan 18, 2005 at 4:51 PM Post #32 of 249
That's an insanely difficult question. I listen to so much Electronica and most of it hits pretty hard. Of course there is a difference between hitting HARD and going deep.

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm....

With much thinking I've come to this choice:

Neologic Spasm
by Front Line Assembly
from Hard Wired

That song hits hard and goes deep too.

Jan 18, 2005 at 5:04 PM Post #33 of 249
Destiny's Child's "Bugaboo" brings out the "pimp my ride" from 1911's subwoofer. It's probably just more farty midbass, but on the sub it's booming. Yep, not deep - but it has that impact.

I wonder what is the best combo in my collection for deep drops and bass slam combined, like the post above suggests? Hmm.

Jan 18, 2005 at 5:15 PM Post #34 of 249
Not going to be the deepest note, but during Roger Reynolds' Archipelago there is a deep string note (a few of them, but one in particular). It may be electronically panning right to left. With headphones it seems as if the bow is pulled through my ears (in a musical way). My head starts to quake, the arm hairs prickle. The right word to describe this specific movement, I think, is visceral. Very visceral.

Jan 18, 2005 at 5:25 PM Post #35 of 249
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jahn
Here's my nomination - "Boomin' Granny" by the Beastie Boys. Man that's a trunk rattler.

If you just want LOUD:

One of the tracks on "Best of Techno- Volume 3" is by far the best track jsut to be loud

The Flashdance soundtrack used to be commonly used in SPL competitions (Car Audio). i think the theme song was th eloud one. had multiple bass notes going at once, which is th ereaso nI think it seemed so loud.

Jan 18, 2005 at 9:08 PM Post #37 of 249
Hmm, bass you say....

Massive Attack & Mos Def - I Against I
Prodigy - Climbatize & Smack My Bitch Up (from Fat Of The Land)
Chemical Brothers - Under The Influence (this one's huge!)
X-Excutioners feat. Anike - Like This (again a huge bass drop, and it's damn funky)

Jan 18, 2005 at 10:42 PM Post #38 of 249
I had an oscilloscope on my circuit last week while playing songs I like to crank up--parts of Tori Amos, Welcome to Sunny Florida. The electric bass and kick drum during Father Lucifer were low and huge. During an interview Matt Chamberlain jokes his kick drum will knock someone over if they are standing in front of it. Forgot about the interview, but my eyes kinda bugged out when I saw the actual signals.

Jan 19, 2005 at 12:28 AM Post #39 of 249
Quote:

Originally Posted by JohnFerrier
I had an oscilloscope on my circuit last week while playing songs I like to crank up--parts of Tori Amos, Welcome to Sunny Florida. The electric bass and kick drum during Father Lucifer were low and huge.

Yep, I was at one of the concerts on her "Scarlet's Walk" tour and I got to feel that bass first hand. When a solid concrete arena is resonating like one of those big pipes on an organ, that is some pretty serious bass.

Jan 19, 2005 at 2:19 AM Post #40 of 249
Voodoo and Serano tracks drop pretty low. especially the "Back for More" CD.
BOOM...BOOM...BOOM...BOOM[size=xx-small]BOOM[/size][size=x-small]BOOM[/size][size=small]BOOM[/size] [size=large]*POP*[/size]

Jan 19, 2005 at 4:40 AM Post #41 of 249
I don't know which track (2nd I think) but the Chemical Brothers Surrender album has a bass line that sounds like a test signal from high tight then slowly down the scale to inaudible..then BOOM BOOM BOOM... It sounds like a plane flew from a distance and crashed into my house!!

Jan 19, 2005 at 7:06 AM Post #42 of 249
Believe it or not, "Outsider" by Chumbawumba. No, this is not the track that you probably think it is. They did release a whole album that had the "I Get Knocked Down" song on it (actually called Tubthumping) and the seventh track on the album goes down to 11 Hz.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back