What song/album/band/genre blows your mind?
Sep 11, 2011 at 2:32 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 20

JamesHuntington

100+ Head-Fier
I'm tired of searching through threads for new music. It's time to blow my mind with your picks. This is my last resort here. Give me something that's not top 40 please. I've heard so much music that it may be hard for you, but I have faith. I like almost all kinds of music, just so long as it's somewhat original and underground. Sound quality is not important to me. I'll start it off with this.

Sep 11, 2011 at 4:01 PM Post #5 of 20

Quote:
 I've heard so much music that it may be hard for you, but I have faith. I like almost all kinds of music, just so long as it's somewhat original and underground

A little off topic, but this t-shirt came to mind: http://www.threadless.com/product/917/I_Listen_to_Bands_That_Don_t_Even_Exist_Yet

Sep 11, 2011 at 4:38 PM Post #6 of 20

Quote:
A little off topic, but this t-shirt came to mind: http://www.threadless.com/product/917/I_Listen_to_Bands_That_Don_t_Even_Exist_Yet

LOL, I'm not that bad. I appreciate the oldies too. I'm hoping that people will be more interested in reading this thread than posting here, though posting is the idea. I promise to listen to all the songs and comment if I really like your pick. Though I haven't watched any of these videos yet, the problem I found searching threads so far is that the recommended music just wasn't much better than top 40 radio songs. I'm really looking for that "OMG, where the hell did that come from!" However, at the least I'm looking for songs that epitomise a genre without being off the essential album or the radio. Songs that you just can't get out of your head are good too.    

Sep 12, 2011 at 12:15 AM Post #9 of 20
I will have time on Tuesday when I plan on spending some time with these bands. With or without a video, I will be able to find them. But either way is awesome and may inspire someone else to get the feeling you got from these songs, etc. I'm always looking for bands that I like, and I like to share them when I find them. Hopefully we can all have fun at this. Here is a song that they play on a local college station and I just figured out who it is. The raw guitar solo always impressed me.

Sep 12, 2011 at 12:29 AM Post #10 of 20
They do this song too. I've known about them for quite awhile now and have a Matador Sampler with this song on it. I hear it on the same local college station as the other Pavement song, because they have pre-programed music at night and I listen to the station when I sleep. I think I've figured out what they're saying after hearing it so many times. It's a good song that is pretty original and timeless in many ways.

Sep 13, 2011 at 8:26 PM Post #15 of 20
After listening to the song you posted, I thought these two might be up your alley.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back