What should Pink Floyd play at Live8?
Jul 3, 2005 at 2:25 PM Post #91 of 123
You can vote for the best Live8 performance here so far Pink Floyd are winning
smily_headphones1.gif

Jul 3, 2005 at 2:35 PM Post #92 of 123
I hope I don't sound offensive but having watched the performance of the band, I don't understand the appeal of the band. Maybe its an age thing...
tongue.gif

What is it about the band you like (genuine question)?

Jul 3, 2005 at 2:59 PM Post #96 of 123
Quote:

Why did VH-1 cut into the performances like they did? They didn't even allow the Floyd to completely finish "Comfortably Numb."

Yeah, it was annoying that they did that but actually I was amazed they showed as much of Pink Floyd as they did. Three and a half songs was the most shown on MTV\VH1 for any artist except for maybe Paul McCartney. I think they showed all three songs by The Who. Madonna got two complete songs. For many artists though , they didn't even show a complete song and instead kept cutting to the mostly idiotic comments of the hosts, performers, and concert goers.

Jul 3, 2005 at 3:10 PM Post #97 of 123
Quote:

Originally Posted by MdRex
I hope I don't sound offensive but having watched the performance of the band, I don't understand the appeal of the band. Maybe its an age thing...
tongue.gif

The songs are good

Jul 3, 2005 at 4:46 PM Post #99 of 123
Quote:

Originally Posted by MdRex
tongue.gif

Sometimes it's just a matter of growing up with the music.

I grew up with Pink Floyd and AC/DC so there will always be connections.

Later on, I "grew up" even more and had some awesome memories with music by the likes of the Smiths, Jane's Addiction, Nine Inch Nails, New Order, Helmet, the Jesus Lizard, and a host of others.

No offense to them, they write some great songs, but I will never have as strong a connection with a band like, say, Death Cab For Cutie. They have some great music and I can appreciate it. But I didn't go on cruises with friends to then. I didn't drink heavily with friends to them. I didn't sit up all night thinking about a girl to a DCFC album. It's just different now.

That's why the older you get, the harder it is sometimes to really dig the new music.

The connections aren't there, and you're not making new ones like you used to back when you were younger.

-jar

Jul 3, 2005 at 4:57 PM Post #101 of 123
Quote:

Originally Posted by steel102
There is also a torrent out (search a torrent site), the quality is pretty much the same as the AOL webcast. It is only 100mb if you want a quick download

Right click on the above link and save target as should work too... I think.

Jul 3, 2005 at 7:09 PM Post #104 of 123
Interesting synopsis of Live 8 here.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sunday, July 03, 2005 By Roger Friedman, Fox News
"For the first time in a quarter century Dave Gilmour and Roger Waters not only played together, they actually broke bread. On Friday night all the members of Pink Floyd and their wives, etc. ate together at the famous Ivy restaurant. Roger made the initial call, an insider told me, leading to this unique gathering. Now the speculation begins: a new album, a tour, is any of it possible? From the rousing reception they got, something tells me more is to come."

Jul 3, 2005 at 7:26 PM Post #105 of 123
Quote:

Originally Posted by RickG
Now the speculation begins: a new album, a tour, is any of it possible? From the rousing reception they got, something tells me more is to come.

God I hope I will have another chance to see them live. I missed my chance last time they were playing in Chicago few years back. I had an opportunity to buy two tickets at $300 a piece
eek.gif
If I had another chance I would not give it a second thought
frown.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back