What should my occupation be in the future?
Jan 12, 2006 at 4:20 PM Post #16 of 63
go to college and get a general business degree, which will make it easier to secure bank loans... learn how to run electrical and hang drywall... then flip real estate. $$$$$$$$
580smile.gif
orphsmile.gif
k1000smile.gif
etysmile.gif

Jan 12, 2006 at 4:22 PM Post #17 of 63
I`m also a dreamer-minstrel. Hippies rule the world

Jan 12, 2006 at 4:41 PM Post #19 of 63
Learn the ways of the Force

Jan 12, 2006 at 4:59 PM Post #21 of 63
Quote:

Originally Posted by Quado
I guess I'll just describe myself more: I am not smart or strong, don't talk much, 'am good at obeying orders (from strangers, non-loved ones; especially in public)... I don't know if I'll be able to do the things I care about, because I enjoy certain things and hobbies, but don't know a thing about how to create and work in relation to those things (sure, I could learn, but still...everything is risky for me). In my fantasy world, I'd probably want to be able to be involved in future scientific breakthroughs, but yeah: I'm not smart. My interests are video games (impossible; I hate certain types of people, and would not want to be involved in anything I can't take full charge in), music (maybe support stuff with money, but I don't think there's too much to explore here; this would be more like side thing), and I'm especially good at making the most dumb stories (bad writing skills, though; anything I make, would not be good enough to market...lol, the stuff I can write, oh the s*** I can write; like Ren & Stimpy weird, but way more stupid). I also like TV, and it would be awesome if I could make the script for a cartoon (something like Ren & Stimpy, but way weirder; yet more original than anything else in the cartoon world these days), heh heh heh... I think that overall, I want to entertain people, but without being in too much of a social situation (I guess since I'm a psycho, I guess I'd want to be involved in cartoons, but I can't draw, so that would be...interesting).

Any thoughts?

Edit: Ha ha, I really don't know what I mean.... I'm guessing the most reasonable thing to take part in, would be related to computers/other electronics. So, I wonder what kind of careers I can get in, that are related to electronics? Aaaargh! Oh, nevermind. I'll just figure this out later, heh heh...

Judging by that description, my top picks would be:
1) President of the U.S.A.
2) Something in the armed forces.
3) Computer Programmer.

biggrin.gif

Jan 12, 2006 at 5:52 PM Post #24 of 63
according to newspaper articles IT will no longer exist in ten years, and most computer jobs will be located in India. I like the idea of joining the armed forces or the peace corps, they both require many of the same skills. If you go to colllege a teaching position might be a good idea; it's independent, responsible and rewarding.
plan b.
Be a headphone engineer-make us a portable, fifty dollar headphone that sounds better than the HE-90.

Jan 12, 2006 at 6:10 PM Post #26 of 63
Quote:

Originally Posted by Quado
I guess I'll just describe myself more: I am not smart or strong, don't talk much, 'am good at obeying orders (from strangers, non-loved ones; especially in public)... I don't know if I'll be able to do the things I care about, because I enjoy certain things and hobbies, but don't know a thing about how to create and work in relation to those things (sure, I could learn, but still...everything is risky for me). In my fantasy world, I'd probably want to be able to be involved in future scientific breakthroughs, but yeah: I'm not smart. My interests are video games (impossible; I hate certain types of people, and would not want to be involved in anything I can't take full charge in), music (maybe support stuff with money, but I don't think there's too much to explore here; this would be more like side thing), and I'm especially good at making the most dumb stories (bad writing skills, though; anything I make, would not be good enough to market...lol, the stuff I can write, oh the s*** I can write; like Ren & Stimpy weird, but way more stupid). I also like TV, and it would be awesome if I could make the script for a cartoon (something like Ren & Stimpy, but way weirder; yet more original than anything else in the cartoon world these days), heh heh heh... I think that overall, I want to entertain people, but without being in too much of a social situation (I guess since I'm a psycho, I guess I'd want to be involved in cartoons, but I can't draw, so that would be...interesting).

Any thoughts?

Edit: Ha ha, I really don't know what I mean.... I'm guessing the most reasonable thing to take part in, would be related to computers/other electronics. So, I wonder what kind of careers I can get in, that are related to electronics? Aaaargh! Oh, nevermind. I'll just figure this out later, heh heh...

Major in english, read like a monster in terms of critiques, themes, etc - pick up a New York Times Magazine or a New Yorker once in a while to get a feel for book reviews-

Then become a Critic. You won't have to come up with your own ideas, yet you can have your own set of ideas to use as "tools" to critique the ideas of others. You can work for an Editor so the Obeying Orders thing is covered. And the best thing is, you can be reactionary for the rest of your career and be paid for it! Whoopee! Don't worry, if you like anime, you can critique anime. If you like TV shows, be a TV show critic for Entertainment Weekly. Basically, any interest you have, you can be a critic for. If you like headphones, then heck, start reviewing some stuff here or read reviews and get a feel for it. Hey, for some folks it's a living!

Jan 12, 2006 at 9:00 PM Post #27 of 63
My dad is in the Air Force, his dad was in the Air Force...some other relatives did some military things... Yeah, but no thanks, I guess (my dad has now retired from the Air Force, but is now doing a civilian career...and he says it's easier AND he gets paid more; it's in BAE Systems or something).

I would definately love to help out with headphones (not really possible though)...I would have to be extremely smart to help make a portable HE90 (although I've already made up the idea that we could get one in the future).

Jan 12, 2006 at 9:32 PM Post #28 of 63
That thing says I'm a Dreamer-Minstrel?! What?! Am I supposed to just say that I'm a Dreamer-Minstrel...now let me in?! It doesn't even say what kind of jobs they get! ...and I'm not very positive...
tongue.gif

Edit: Oh, corporate...um, no. lol Edit 2: Actually, probably yes...but in the long run, that wasn't very specific... Edit 3: I'm more confused now!

Jan 12, 2006 at 10:05 PM Post #29 of 63
Big rig truck driver! See the country, get paid pretty good money to do it, spend your days using the CD player to learn a foriegn language, become a teamster and get benefits! (Helps to be single).

Reconsider the military, just pick an MOS that is non-combat, and will likely get you a good job after your tour(s): Interpreter (I suggest Chinese or Korean, chances are slim we'll go to war with them), Radiologist, medic, mechanic....

Move to foriegn country and teach English to highschool students

Become an artist (you may starve to death)

Bartending is pretty cool if you live in a big city

Users who are viewing this thread

Back