What should my occupation be in the future?
Jan 12, 2006 at 5:56 AM Post #3 of 63
1. How about an American Historican specializing in the study of the west?
2. A Constitutional Law professor
3. An architect specializing in the use of public space
4. An officer in the Navy

Find something that (1) you are really good at and (2) care deeply about.

Jan 12, 2006 at 6:02 AM Post #4 of 63
hahaha

I was going to make a thread like "WHAT SHOULD I MAJOR IN? I FEEL WORTHLESS :'(" or something like that today, but decided not to.

I decided to form a band. As soon as I learn the guitar.

smily_headphones1.gif

I agree with Granodesdfsf.

Jan 12, 2006 at 6:02 AM Post #5 of 63
Diaper Cleaner.
Turkey artificial insemination technician.

(Damn you Man Show, you've corrupted me!)

Jan 12, 2006 at 6:42 AM Post #6 of 63
I guess I'll just describe myself more: I am not smart or strong, don't talk much, 'am good at obeying orders (from strangers, non-loved ones; especially in public)... I don't know if I'll be able to do the things I care about, because I enjoy certain things and hobbies, but don't know a thing about how to create and work in relation to those things (sure, I could learn, but still...everything is risky for me). In my fantasy world, I'd probably want to be able to be involved in future scientific breakthroughs, but yeah: I'm not smart. My interests are video games (impossible; I hate certain types of people, and would not want to be involved in anything I can't take full charge in), music (maybe support stuff with money, but I don't think there's too much to explore here; this would be more like side thing), and I'm especially good at making the most dumb stories (bad writing skills, though; anything I make, would not be good enough to market...lol, the stuff I can write, oh the s*** I can write; like Ren & Stimpy weird, but way more stupid). I also like TV, and it would be awesome if I could make the script for a cartoon (something like Ren & Stimpy, but way weirder; yet more original than anything else in the cartoon world these days), heh heh heh... I think that overall, I want to entertain people, but without being in too much of a social situation (I guess since I'm a psycho, I guess I'd want to be involved in cartoons, but I can't draw, so that would be...interesting).

Any thoughts?

Edit: Ha ha, I really don't know what I mean.... I'm guessing the most reasonable thing to take part in, would be related to computers/other electronics. So, I wonder what kind of careers I can get in, that are related to electronics? Aaaargh! Oh, nevermind. I'll just figure this out later, heh heh...

Jan 12, 2006 at 8:23 AM Post #7 of 63
Make more friends and be entrepreneurial.
This is going to sound extremely corny, but if you eat well, drink a little, take plenty of exercise and quit the recreationals (ie: do all the things I never did LOL!) you may find yourself becoming focused on something.
But if you have a talent for something you can be as weird as you like - and people won't care because it's the talent bit they will be interested in.

Jan 12, 2006 at 11:48 AM Post #9 of 63
Now, I have children of my own.

They ask their father, "What will I be?"

"Will I be handsome? Will I be rich?"

-- I tell them, tenderly,

"Que sera sera. . . "

Jan 12, 2006 at 3:31 PM Post #11 of 63
Quote:

Originally Posted by Quado
I have no idea what I want to do, or can do; so help a psycho out...

Do I work with you?????
icon10.gif

Try doing different jobs for a while, something you never thought of.

Join the Peace Corp.

Spend a year working odd jobs, traveling around the country.

Quote:

Originally Posted by FalconP
Still clueless? perhaps this may help.
biggrin.gif

That was cool.
You guys can call me the Shepherd now.
tongue.gif

Jan 12, 2006 at 4:04 PM Post #15 of 63
Quote:

Originally Posted by grandenigma1
I got Dreamer-Minstrel ~ ah crap im a hippy

I want to start my own business that does not involve me sitting in a cube all day.

Like maybe a head shop?
icon10.gif
icon10.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back