What should I get next......need your help
Aug 12, 2012 at 5:38 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

Beagle

His body's not a canvas, and he wasn't raised by apes.
I can't decide between the V-Moda M80, AKG K550 and the Pioneer 591. Not stocked locally at B&M (brick & mortar, not Bowel & Movement) stores so I have to take a chance and order online and prefer not to have to return something and try again.

I have been intrigued by all three and wonder which one you guys would recommend. I prefer something linear. From the information I have gathered, the M80 is on the bassy side of neutral, the 550 is problematic with bass due to varying degrees of fit and may have bothersome treble spike, and the Pioneer might be the dark horse that does most of the necessary things most correctly.

If you also want to talk me out of all three, that would be appreciated as well.

Aug 12, 2012 at 5:44 PM Post #2 of 3
Quote:
I can't decide between the V-Moda M80, AKG K550 and the Pioneer 591. Not stocked locally at B&M (brick & mortar, not Bowel & Movement) stores so I have to take a chance and order online and prefer not to have to return something and try again.

I have been intrigued by all three and wonder which one you guys would recommend. I prefer something linear. From the information I have gathered, the M80 is on the bassy side of neutral, the 550 is problematic with bass due to varying degrees of fit and may have bothersome treble spike, and the Pioneer might be the dark horse that does most of the necessary things most correctly.

If you also want to talk me out of all three, that would be appreciated as well.

Might help to know what source(s) your plugging the headphones into?
DAC & amplifier used?

Aug 12, 2012 at 5:48 PM Post #3 of 3
Would be using a PPA, HPA-1 or Graham Slee Novo amps.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back