What should I do?
Dec 15, 2006 at 8:06 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

happyangryhappy

100+ Head-Fier
I am putting this here because I don't know where else it should go.

Anyway, what would you do if you dealt with a somewhat well regarded small audio company and they did not return your emails?

Basically, I ordered some parts some time back and when I received it I noticed some items were backordered. That was about a month ago and I have sent one polite email a week for the last three weeks without reply. I would think their email was not working, however I had sent them an separate inquiry from a friends email account and received a reply. What should I do? It is about $70 in wiring parts and since the original order took a month to arrive I am nearing the end of my credit card dispute time. I want to give them the benefit of the doubt, but this seems a little unacceptable. So what should I do and how long should I wait before I file a dispute with my credit card company and the better business bureau?

Thanks.

Dec 15, 2006 at 8:20 PM Post #2 of 5
Quote:

Originally Posted by happyangryhappy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I am putting this here because I don't know where else it should go.

Anyway, what would you do if you dealt with a somewhat well regarded small audio company and they did not return your emails?

Basically, I ordered some parts some time back and when I received it I noticed some items were backordered. That was about a month ago and I have sent one polite email a week for the last three weeks without reply. I would think their email was not working, however I had sent them an separate inquiry from a friends email account and received a reply. What should I do? It is about $70 in wiring parts and since the original order took a month to arrive I am nearing the end of my credit card dispute time. I want to give them the benefit of the doubt, but this seems a little unacceptable. So what should I do and how long should I wait before I file a dispute with my credit card company and the better business bureau?

Thanks.

You're entitle to a response from the vendor. I assume that you had legitimate inquiry.

I would start to use help from my credit holder to clear this problem. They need to do a refund of the balance, and would only charge once they ship the orders. Technically, they're ripping you off. They're stealing the interest of your money. I would love to hold your money, too.

Have your credit company on their "rear-end" asap, and I hope that this is your last time dealing with them.

Good luck.

Dec 15, 2006 at 11:54 PM Post #4 of 5
Quote:

Originally Posted by n_maher /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'd pick up the phone and call them.

Make sure you ask the full name of the person who handles your call and write it down. Make sure that person knows the history and that you are documenting this call.

Dec 16, 2006 at 7:32 AM Post #5 of 5
If you can find their real-world address, send them a letter via certified mail, return receipt requested. Then you'll be sure they got it.

Tell them you are disputing the charge, however, that you would still like to do business with them when they actually get the parts. Then dispute it and see what happens. At worst, you'll get a refund. At best, you'll get your parts.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back