what should I do about this head-fi scammer?
Apr 3, 2011 at 9:42 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

AndrewG

CAUTION: Incomplete trades
Aka: Boxboxbox

This was an overreaction on the OPs part to jump to the conclusion he did.  Read on. 

I bought a W1000X off a user, with positive feedback (+4, 2 as buyer, 2 as seller), in early March, and after a couple weeks of stalling, I told him to just refund me. He said the money was already spent. Then he stopped responding to me. I have his name and address, but he is in australia while I am in the US. Is there anything I can do? I am thinking of hiring a police man in Australia to go to his house and investigate. How much more time should I give him to respond, before taking action? I already have a pay pal claim up but that probably won’t do anything.

Apr 3, 2011 at 10:08 PM Post #3 of 6
yes the mod is trying to help so hopefully i wont get jipped! I got jipped only once before, in 2005 on this site, but this member now got really good feedback. so I hope he is just away fromt he computer or something.

update, the mod found out the man is away on business so he will send to me after all!

Apr 6, 2011 at 3:14 PM Post #4 of 6
Well, the mod was able to help me. The fellow was not a scammer after all. He was away on a trip. However when he got back, he accused me of 'over reacting' as if there is a proper way to react to your seller disappaering off the face of the earth for two weeks.  but at least I know it is no scam. 

Apr 6, 2011 at 4:32 PM Post #5 of 6
what does two weeks of stalling mean? once I paid for something I'd expect to receive it in about two weeks. yes, he should have sort of let you know. well I hope you get your cans. nice ones

Users who are viewing this thread

Back