What should I buy? ~$300 flexible
Jul 7, 2017 at 9:50 PM Post #16 of 20
They are bass heavy, but not sloppy by any means. They don't have the tightest bass but it's definitely nowhere near, you know, beats bass. Also they are slightly v shaped but with very defined mids. They are super duper portable and very comfy
Totally agree - well, I would because that's what I bought after trying over a dozen pairs including the Momentum. :wink:
I love a bit of heavy bass, with top end detail, so they fit my definition of a mild v-shape with superb comfort. 9 months later they look good as new, and enjoy them just as much. Honestly all I need in a pair of overears. :)

Jul 8, 2017 at 12:14 PM Post #17 of 20
The MDR-1A is pretty bass heavy, and it's a sloppy bass. I borrowed a pair for a week and stopped analyzing them after 4 total hours of listening. They look nice but don't feel very high quality. Sorry to poop on your suggestion but I don't think they fit with what the OP is looking for

I demo a mdr 1a and i love them. I might even get a pair for myself.

And i guess it depends on where you live. I am in Korea right now for the summer and the mdr 1a is cheaper then the momentum 2 for around $60

Last edited:
Jul 10, 2017 at 10:35 AM Post #18 of 20
I thought you guys would be able to help me make it easier to choose, but I now have a lot more options to sort through haha.

I was at Best Buy over the weekend and was able to try the Bose QC 35 and Sony MDR-1000x. I think I liked the MDR-1000x's more; I wasn't able to sample them both for enough time though. The bluetooth and extra features aren't really needed for me and probably explain the higher price point for both.
I've made a spreadsheet of everyone's suggestions and am going down the list. :)

Where do you guys usually go to demo headphones?

Last edited:
Jul 10, 2017 at 11:01 AM Post #19 of 20
I thought you guys would be able to help me make it easier to choose, but I now have a lot more options to sort through haha.

I was at Best Buy over the weekend and was able to try the Bose QC 35 and Sony MDR-1000x. I think I liked the MDR-1000x's more; I wasn't able to sample them both for enough time though. The bluetooth and extra features aren't really needed for me and probably explain the higher price point for both.
I've made a spreadsheet of everyone's suggestions and am going down the list. :)

If you live in Pittsburgh or close by you can visit the store music to my ears. They have some Hd800s you can test and i believe they had a momentum 2.

Jul 10, 2017 at 6:15 PM Post #20 of 20

I like to go to meets as you can take all the time you like and there is usually a wide array of gear there from lo fi to summit fi and al points in between. If you are close the fore mentioned MTME is having a meet at the store on the 22nd of July and there will be a lot of different stuff to listen to just a thought.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back