What Really Grinds Your (Head-Fi) Gears?
Apr 19, 2012 at 2:43 AM Post #17 of 54
"Hi guys this is my first post, what headphones have the most bass?"

Apr 19, 2012 at 3:50 AM Post #20 of 54
Nothing upsets me more than when folks pick and choose when to utilize or ignore scientific evidence, at their own convenience - often times within the same post!  Same goes for discussing cost efficiency. 

Apr 19, 2012 at 7:02 AM Post #21 of 54

Quote:
Losing my CDs because I loaned them out--and I can't remember to whom.

I just never loan my CDs to people anymore, I've never had them not come back, but I've had cracked cases come back, and scratched discs, they still play fine, but damn it's annoying.
I've started telling people where to buy their own copy.

Also, it doesn't grind my gears too much, but I always listen to music lying down with my eyes closed and my curtains drawn so I can just listen to the music, and my mum thinks I sleep all day...
I tell her I don't and she just laughs.

Apr 19, 2012 at 8:24 AM Post #22 of 54
"OH HI M50.

NEVER USED THEM BUT YEAH."

Freaking true. A bit better lately. But still the "I want base" thing is just sad to see everywhere.

Apr 19, 2012 at 9:18 AM Post #23 of 54
I stated this in another thread, but I forget where. But anyways, it really grinds my gears when people don't get the concept of "I have headphones on/in, so I can't hear you". I'll usually be listening to music, someone will start talking to me, I will then notice them talking to me, and remove my headphones and ask "what?" Then, they start snickering because "LOL he couldn't hear me!!!!11!1"

YOU DON'T SAY!? Obviously, when there is an object covering my ears and playing music, it would be best to assume that I can't hear you. So, if you'd like to talk to me tap me on the shoulder or make some sort of 'remove your headphones' type gesture THEN talk to me.

This.

We should just sell a shirt that says 'I can't hear you' or something clever like 'If you want to talk touch my cans' but then I'd flip because someone else touched my headphones.

Apr 19, 2012 at 4:44 PM Post #24 of 54

Quote:
This.
We should just sell a shirt that says 'I can't hear you' or something clever like 'If you want to talk touch my cans' but then I'd flip because someone else touched my headphones.

I'm lucky in that I can listen to music at work if I want to aside from when colleagues need to talk to me, which doesn't happen that often.  What I can guarantee is that I've not had headphones on all morning, five minutes with them on someone comes up to ask me a question.

Cheers.

Apr 19, 2012 at 5:03 PM Post #25 of 54
Another thing that grinds my gears are songs that has a silent beginning, making me wonder whether I have my volume too low or not. After cranking up the volume I am greeted with deafening wave aural bliss, prompting me to yank my headphones off faster than you can sneeze. Bloody hell, my ears.

Apr 20, 2012 at 5:40 AM Post #26 of 54

Quote:

I'm lucky in that I can listen to music at work if I want to aside from when colleagues need to talk to me, which doesn't happen that often.  What I can guarantee is that I've not had headphones on all morning, five minutes with them on someone comes up to ask me a question.

Cheers.

+1 on this. I can sit at my desk or bench for hours with no headphones, and as soon as I put them on, the line forms.

Apr 23, 2012 at 1:48 AM Post #29 of 54
It grinds my gears when someone acts like they know everything about headphones when they really know nothing.

Also, yes, I agree with Loudness Wars and badly produced music.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back