What power supply for Porta Corda MkII?
Jan 4, 2005 at 5:17 PM Post #16 of 23
Quote:

Originally Posted by StevieDvd
The case is already drilled, the connector is very small (1.3mm I think) but as it's
a tight fit due to the angles involved a small tip is included which is the correct size tip and fairly easy to solder.

I think people are expecting to have to drill a hole in the exterior of their case, but the power jack is inside the battery compartment and the battery has to be removed and the battery cover left off to use an external power supply.

-Keith

Jan 5, 2005 at 8:56 AM Post #17 of 23
I already have a Creek OBH-2 MkII power supply that came with my amp. It's supposed to be a quality 24V supply. Doesn't say on the top if it's a linear one. Would you have any better knowledge if I can use it with the PCII? Figured I (or maybe my father - he's more handy with these
biggrin.gif
) could do an extension cord out of the correct plug provided with the PCII.

Jan 5, 2005 at 12:58 PM Post #18 of 23
Quote:

Originally Posted by quke
I already have a Creek OBH-2 MkII power supply that came with my amp. It's supposed to be a quality 24V supply. Doesn't say on the top if it's a linear one. Would you have any better knowledge if I can use it with the PCII? Figured I (or maybe my father - he's more handy with these
biggrin.gif
) could do an extension cord out of the correct plug provided with the PCII.

I thought I read that the Creek used an AC/AC adapter, I could be completely wrong but please check your adapter just in case. You need DC output for the Porta.

Jan 5, 2005 at 1:15 PM Post #20 of 23
Quote:

Originally Posted by StevieDvd
I thought I read that the Creek used an AC/AC adapter, I could be completely wrong but please check your adapter just in case. You need DC output for the Porta.

It's 24V DC alright. Max 500mA if that matters. Says on the top "stabilised DC supply". Wonder if that's same as regulated. There's a picture of line and three dashes under it if that holds some secret knowledge I don't get. Like "OUTPUT: 24V ----- 500mA max". Make myself sound like a real professional
biggrin.gif

Jan 5, 2005 at 2:26 PM Post #21 of 23
The OBH-2 is a regulated supply. Easy to confirm this to yourself - just hook a volt meter to the outputs with no load. It should read very close to 24 volts.
From what I've heard the OBH-2 is a decent supply. If you like, I've got a virtually unused Elpac WM080-1950-760 which I'd happily exchange for your OBH-2. From what I've read the OBH-2 has less ripple than the Elpac, so should be a superior power supply. Send me PM if you want to swap :wink:

Jan 5, 2005 at 5:12 PM Post #22 of 23
Quote:

Originally Posted by quke
It's 24V DC alright. Max 500mA if that matters. Says on the top "stabilised DC supply". Wonder if that's same as regulated. There's a picture of line and three dashes under it if that holds some secret knowledge I don't get. Like "OUTPUT: 24V ----- 500mA max". Make myself sound like a real professional
biggrin.gif

Good news. I posted before checking just to be on the safe side, must have it confused with another psu.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back