What part of your body do you shake when enjoying music?
Dec 24, 2006 at 9:50 PM Post #31 of 45
I picked head. What usually gets me moving is a good rhythmically insane prog rock type composition. In that case I get all sorts of strange muscles twitching on the backbeats with a strong head motion holding it together. I think if someone just connected some electronic drum triggers to me I'd be a damned good percussionist.

Oh yeah and I have no clue how to "dance", so the above poster is correct about head motions.

Dec 24, 2006 at 11:43 PM Post #32 of 45
It all depends on the song and the setting. If there's people around, it's a foot tapping along to the beat. If I'm driving, it's fingers drumming the wheel with a slight head bob. If I'm at home, with some privacy, I tune up my air instruments and let loose. And if I'm at a concert, I put on my best impression of an ape on PCP.

Dec 25, 2006 at 12:19 AM Post #33 of 45
Pelvic thrusting, Duff Man style...

"Ohhh yeah"

thrustingkl7.jpg

Dec 25, 2006 at 4:09 AM Post #34 of 45
kinda a mixture between the head and the feet taping...

Dec 25, 2006 at 1:30 PM Post #35 of 45
Fingers - even quite often when I'm not listening to music. There's always some music in my head ... well, maybe I'm slowly gettng nuts
basshead.gif

Dec 27, 2006 at 2:52 PM Post #36 of 45
Fingers.

Be it junkie-on-speed-style tapping on the front bus seat as I'm listening to my electronic stuff, or playing the air bass, or my imaginary keyoards...

But, oh, the fingertaping. I've had weird stares so many times, possibly because my area classifies as ahem, junkie gallore. Or it may be because Amon Tobin and Aphex Twin is among the laid back stuff I listen to :p

Dec 29, 2006 at 7:37 AM Post #38 of 45
Quote:

Originally Posted by crazyfrenchman27 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Sorry, there is only one correct answer to this question.

You don't "dance" with your head...unless you're a guy who can't dance.

-Matt

x2, lol. I usually unconsciously tap my toes and move my head with the beat. I have no idea how to dance though, lol
tongue.gif
My sister's really good with hip hop dances, which always makes me wonder "how the hell do humans move their body like that," like...how do they know how to control specific parts of their body the way they do, all while shaking everything at the same time! lol l33t
tongue.gif

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sisyphos /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Fingers - even quite often when I'm not listening to music. There's always some music in my head ... well, maybe I'm slowly gettng nuts
basshead.gif

You know what? My sister says the same thing. She also thinks she's kinda nuts for it, lol=]

"Music." What a word.

Dec 30, 2006 at 12:39 AM Post #44 of 45
I'm usually naked when I listen to music, so I have many options.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back