What Over-Ear Headphones Should I Get?
Jan 25, 2013 at 8:31 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 11

alexinator

New Head-Fier
Hello, everyone! I'm new to the community, and I would just like to introduce myself. I'm Alex. :) I got the Beats Solo Hds for Christmas, and I'm not really proud of it, my Turtle Beach Px3s are better, at least for the most part. After listening to them, I found out all the hate that Beats get is justified. I'm going to get a new pair of Over-ear audiophile headphones. Decent looking, portable, detailed-sounding headphones, without overpowering bass like the Beats Solo Hds I have. The Audio Technica ATH-M50s are really loved for their audio quality. I researched them on Audio Technica's website, and they even come in Red and Black, my 2 favorite colors!  The red and black ones are called the ATH-M50RD. They look amazing, and people say the ATH-M50s SOUND amazing, and just overall a great buy. I am highly considering buying the red and black ones for my birthday, or after selling my Beats. Ha. So, may you guys give a detailed review on the ATH-M50s, or even a quick one by any chance? I know there's lots more reviews, I'd just like to see it from you guys' perspective. And if you would, recommend some headphones for me, also? Thanks in advance! 

Alex

Jan 25, 2013 at 8:33 PM Post #2 of 11
I wouldn't recommend the M50's, overhyped. Maybe an Ultrasone? HFI-580? What are your music preferences? 

Jan 25, 2013 at 8:37 PM Post #3 of 11
I listen mostly to rock, but other than that, I have a variety of musical interests. Dubstep, Techno, rap that isn't ****ty, rarely jazz, but I like to hear all of the instruments in the music, since I am an self-trained editor, who needs to hear everyone detail of audio.

Jan 25, 2013 at 8:38 PM Post #5 of 11
Quote:
I listen mostly to rock, but other than that, I have a variety of musical interests. Dubstep, Techno, rap that isn't ****ty, rarely jazz, but I like to hear all of the instruments in the music, since I am an self-trained editor, who needs to hear everyone detail of audio.

Ah, I'd say the Beyer DT770 then or the Ultrasone HFI-580
size]

Jan 25, 2013 at 10:51 PM Post #11 of 11
Quote:
About 350$. But I'd just like my headphones in the 100-200 dollar range. 

Mad Dogs by Mr.Speakers with a FiiO E11. Then get a better amp later.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back