What OS do you run: XP, Vista, Linux, Mac?
Jul 17, 2007 at 8:00 PM Post #31 of 360
Quote:

Originally Posted by labmat /img/forum/go_quote.gif
OSX All the way! I kicked out all of my heathen boxes two years ago and haven't looked back since.

Thank You Apple!

rs1smile.gif

I looked into getting one of those Mac Minis for my mum and asked how much it would cost to upgrade the ram from 512mb to 1gb. For what they wanted for a lousy extra 512mb I could get 2gb for a PC. Macs are not good value for the money, IMO. I'm a bang for buck buyer and Macs are far from that.

Jul 17, 2007 at 8:46 PM Post #32 of 360
Quote:

Originally Posted by LowPhreak /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Vista is crap IMO, except perhaps that it's DX10 ready for gaming - but I guess we'll have to agree to disagree on that. It's no better than a beta; they should have waited to release it but no, they wanted it on the market for end users to be the guinea pigs.

Can you tell me why Vista is crap? I got it for free so it was not like I was forced to use it, but I prefer it vastly over XP.

Jul 17, 2007 at 9:09 PM Post #33 of 360
Quote:

Originally Posted by Gatticus /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Are those actually Mac computers or are you using that hack method to get them to run on PC's?

I have a Powerbook and a Macbook Pro. However, I have setup a OS X on an Intel-based pc.

Jul 17, 2007 at 9:56 PM Post #34 of 360
Quote:

Originally Posted by Gatticus /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I looked into getting one of those Mac Minis for my mum and asked how much it would cost to upgrade the ram from 512mb to 1gb. For what they wanted for a lousy extra 512mb I could get 2gb for a PC. Macs are not good value for the money, IMO. I'm a bang for buck buyer and Macs are far from that.

Yeah I agree that their prices are kinda steep. I always buy my ram from a second source since Apple charges a premium to install it. It's unfortunate that installing ram is so hard on a mac mini.

Jul 17, 2007 at 10:10 PM Post #36 of 360
kunbuntu edgy 6.10 still.
xp wanderman edition when I game

edit: I would have preferred check boxes...

Jul 17, 2007 at 10:46 PM Post #37 of 360
Vista Ultimate x64 FTW. I also have Sabayon Linux installed, but use Vista 80% of the time.

Jul 17, 2007 at 11:43 PM Post #39 of 360
Quote:

Originally Posted by Echo_ /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Can you tell me why Vista is crap? I got it for free so it was not like I was forced to use it, but I prefer it vastly over XP.

I can tell you why I any many others don't like it, but I'm afraid it would be falling on deaf ears.

Jul 17, 2007 at 11:56 PM Post #40 of 360
Quote:

I can tell you why I any many others don't like it, but I'm afraid it would be falling on deaf ears.

Then why the hell do you even bother giving your opinions here if discussion isn't your priority?

P.s Vista is fine.

Jul 18, 2007 at 12:14 AM Post #43 of 360
Quote:

Originally Posted by wanderman /img/forum/go_quote.gif
kunbuntu edgy 6.10 still.
xp wanderman edition when I game

edit: I would have preferred check boxes...

What's different about the wanderman edition? Nlite?

Jul 18, 2007 at 12:17 AM Post #44 of 360
Quote:

That's a cop out. Give us some concrete reasons why you think it sucks. We won't bite.
280smile.gif

Jul 18, 2007 at 12:55 AM Post #45 of 360
"Then why the hell do you even bother giving your opinions here if discussion isn't your priority?"

Because I was more or less answering the OP's question/poll, that's all.

Discussion? Or do you really mean "endless internet pissing contest"? Hey, you can use whatever OS you like, but I'm not going to try to preach to the converted. If Vista works for you, that's good. It doesn't for me, at least not at this point. If/when there is a legit reason for me to spend yet another hunk of cash on yet another "New & Improved!" M$ OS, then I'll do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back