What OS do you run: XP, Vista, Linux, Mac?
Jul 18, 2007 at 1:40 AM Post #46 of 360
Quote:

Originally Posted by Gatticus /img/forum/go_quote.gif
How was it? Just the same as running a genuine Mac?

It ran just fine when I left it. I did this for as friend. From what he tells me, there haven't been any major issues to write home about.

Jul 18, 2007 at 2:16 AM Post #48 of 360
Quote:

That's a cop out. Give us some concrete reasons why you think it sucks. We won't bite.
280smile.gif

Well considering I have been in a computer shop where a salesman has been trying to talk a customer out of buying Vista I would say that those people in the know are steering well clear of the pile of cow excrement that Vista is.

Take a machine that runs perfectly well with XP installed. Now install Vista on that same machine and watch it slow to a crawl. To get it up to speed for Vista you would need to do a serious upgrade, almost to the point that getting a new machine would be cheaper.

Personally I won't be letting Vista near any of my hardware until SP1 or maybe SP2. Microsoft know that a lot of people are staying away until SP1, so they will likely try to push it out early. If thats the case people will just wait till SP2.

Jul 18, 2007 at 2:28 AM Post #49 of 360
FWIW...I will not install Vista till I absolutely have to. I am very happy with XP Pro.

Jul 18, 2007 at 2:37 AM Post #50 of 360
My main concern about Vista is MS' documented siphoning of personal info and user activity. No thanks. Even though, within 2 weeks I will have a legit copy of Ultimate at my desk.

Jul 18, 2007 at 3:34 AM Post #51 of 360
I am kinda surprised that you factored out Windows 2K, which is my OS.

Jul 18, 2007 at 4:43 AM Post #52 of 360
Quote:

Originally Posted by Zanth /img/forum/go_quote.gif
It ran just fine when I left it. I did this for as friend. From what he tells me, there haven't been any major issues to write home about.

Was it hard to get setup? I would maybe interested in doing this on one of my three PC's. Actually, I would really like to do it to one of them at least.

Jul 18, 2007 at 4:44 AM Post #53 of 360
Quote:

Originally Posted by Zanth /img/forum/go_quote.gif
My main concern about Vista is MS' documented siphoning of personal info and user activity. No thanks. Even though, within 2 weeks I will have a legit copy of Ultimate at my desk.

Linky? I need some dirt to wind the boys up over at HardOCP.
smily_headphones1.gif

Jul 18, 2007 at 4:46 AM Post #54 of 360
Quote:

Originally Posted by Gatsu /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Well considering I have been in a computer shop where a salesman has been trying to talk a customer out of buying Vista I would say that those people in the know are steering well clear of the pile of cow excrement that Vista is.

Take a machine that runs perfectly well with XP installed. Now install Vista on that same machine and watch it slow to a crawl. To get it up to speed for Vista you would need to do a serious upgrade, almost to the point that getting a new machine would be cheaper.

Personally I won't be letting Vista near any of my hardware until SP1 or maybe SP2. Microsoft know that a lot of people are staying away until SP1, so they will likely try to push it out early. If thats the case people will just wait till SP2.

I speak from experience and have XP and Vista on the same PC. Vista is very speedy for me. Was just using it ten minutes ago and have no issues except lack of EMU 0404 driver. I don't give much credibility to salesman anyway because quite a few of them are nothing but BS artists. Some are genuine but not many.

Jul 18, 2007 at 6:14 AM Post #56 of 360
Quote:

What's different about the wanderman edition? Nlite?

yes, nlite...wanderman edition has ninjas

Jul 18, 2007 at 7:05 AM Post #57 of 360
Quote:

Originally Posted by no1likesme /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I am pretty surprised how many people run multiple OS's

Thats to be expected.
Most of us who prefer Mac OS or GNU/Linux get MS Windows showed down our throat at work. Hence two different OS...
wink.gif

Jul 18, 2007 at 8:06 PM Post #59 of 360

Users who are viewing this thread

Back