What OS do you run: XP, Vista, Linux, Mac?
Apr 23, 2009 at 4:42 PM Post #332 of 360
Quote:

Originally Posted by fivefanband /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm dual-booting Windows XP & Windows 7, but once Windows 7 is fully released I'll be using it exclusively.

I think you said it better than I did lol. I just cant get my Creative Xfi to work on 7 so I have to use Xp if I want sound.

Apr 23, 2009 at 5:21 PM Post #334 of 360
Arch linux pretty much exclusively, on both my desktop machine and laptop. Laptop also dual boots XP, but I rarely use it. I have a debian server that is too much trouble to convert to arch, but it runs very stable so debian is fine with me. I have another computer with XP, but I hardly ever use that, either. Linux just seems to work better.
atsmile.gif

Apr 24, 2009 at 6:04 AM Post #336 of 360
1. Desktop CPU, i7 with nVidia 260 Core 216 videocard and Asus Essence soundcard. Runs Windows 7 Beta. Also running Linux Fedora 10 inside of VMWare.
2. Dell XPS 210 mini-desktop with E6400 Core2Duo. Runs Fedora 8.
3. Thinkpad T60p with ATI FireGL graphics. Runs Windows XP.
4. Thinkpad X61T tablet. Runs Vista Enterprise.

Apr 24, 2009 at 6:20 AM Post #338 of 360
Quote:

Originally Posted by krosenqu /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I think you said it better than I did lol. I just cant get my Creative Xfi to work on 7 so I have to use Xp if I want sound.

Have you downloaded the correct drivers? Creative has recently released X-fi drivers exclusively for Windows 7; I downloaded/installed them, and my X-fi XtremeMusic runs just fine.

Apr 30, 2009 at 2:55 PM Post #339 of 360
I have separate Linux (64 bit Gentoo) and Windows (32 bit XP) machines. My servers are running Debian and Gentoo and my T60 laptop runs Gentoo (yes I really like Gentoo!).

May 1, 2009 at 12:57 AM Post #340 of 360
I really enjoy Mac OS X for audio. It seems to stay out of my way as far as output. It was simple to get truly lossless, bit-accurate optical out of it. The only hard part was finding the mini-optical -> toslink adapters! A clue for those of you looking for them locally: find a place that carries old stock like a wal-mart or something of the like. Then look for old stock optical cables. Back in the "minidisc is the next thing" era optical cables often came with the adapters
smily_headphones1.gif

May 1, 2009 at 1:16 AM Post #341 of 360
You can get the adapter from bluejeanscables.com:

Adapters from Blue Jeans Cable

or you can just buy a mini-toslink cable from monoprice:

For only $2.09 each when QTY 50+ purchased - Toslink to Mini M/M OD:5.0mm, Molded Type - 12ft | Toslink to Mini Plug

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alex_O Rules /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I really enjoy Mac OS X for audio. It seems to stay out of my way as far as output. It was simple to get truly lossless, bit-accurate optical out of it. The only hard part was finding the mini-optical -> toslink adapters! A clue for those of you looking for them locally: find a place that carries old stock like a wal-mart or something of the like. Then look for old stock optical cables. Back in the "minidisc is the next thing" era optical cables often came with the adapters
smily_headphones1.gif

May 1, 2009 at 2:17 AM Post #342 of 360
Running dual Ubuntu/XP, but haven't gotten to Jaunty Jackelope yet. The only reason I still use XP is WINE doesnt like my engineering programs like Matlab, etc. Hopefully I can upgrade my HDD soon and go full-blast ubuntu.

May 1, 2009 at 6:59 AM Post #344 of 360
^ Totally agree!
I bet we are not the only ones using two (or more) different operating systems daily.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back